DIVEBOMB BOOTCAMP SERIES

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
Like Iordan of Stormspell I love old classic metal, especially discovering stuff for the first time despite it being 20 years old!

So I decided to pay homage to the great COMBAT RECORDS Bootcamp series with my own version. I am putting together some releases that are demo collections of some cool bands (known and unknown) in limited edition format for the die-hards like us.

Had I thought of this concept at the beginning bands like DIMAGE, DOMINANCE and ELYSIUM would have fit well, but I am a late bloomer sometimes so I am doing it now. :)

Stay tuned as I get more details solidified. One band I can say will happen is MANTA RAY.

"Boot camp" um that sounds familiar. HAHA

Like i said paying homage (aka ripping off) Combat Records. We are still debating doing the camouflage covers. Two of the bands i am talking to didn't have official releases so they have no original cover so it might work better this way.

1189996.jpg

You and Stormspell have had me hooked on reissues lately and I'm glad to see there's more to come! Definitely keeping an eye out for this.

En Force would be awesome. I have their mp3's on my computer and I keep buggin' Cliff and the other guys to repress their stuff. It's really quality stuff if you get into Queensryche.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. There might be tapes from back in 1990, but they never repressed on cd. The cd backing that someone made for those is fan made. And they only released one demo, apparently.

Like i said paying homage (aka ripping off) Combat Records. We are still debating doing the camouflage covers. Two of the bands i am talking to didn't have official releases so they have no original cover so it might work better this way.

1189996.jpg

I'm OK with the camo covers but please include the original art somewhere in the package (if they had artwork in the first place). It's the whole nostalgia thing. You understand.:D

I'm OK with the camo covers but please include the original art somewhere in the package (if they had artwork in the first place). It's the whole nostalgia thing. You understand.:D

Naturally we are going to include artwork. But for instance, Manta Ray, never had an official release so there is no cover art. Unlike the Combat series ours will have the standard Divebomb booklet content (pic, flyers, lyrics, etc) when it's provided to us.

But we do think the camouflage will be fun thing to unify the series and pay homage.

Any possibility of releasing a demo collection of the all female Swedish band Ice Age?