DIVEBOMB BOOTCAMP SERIES

A Case Of Cerebral Death by Ice Age from their demo: "Rock Solid" (1986, self released)

Matt, you know I love female fronted bands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the only Boot Camp series the one with Napalm, Have Mercy, and Powermad?

Also, what is your criteria for a band to be on your own Boot Camp series?

Yes, the one you speak of is the CD reissue of some of the vinyls. They were all were on vinyl first.

Don't really have a set criteria other than demos or previously self released CDs.

You can download all the ICE AGE demo tracks here: http://ice-age.se/songs.html Not very good bit rate. I have emailed them, so we shall await their reply.

Hey thanks for looking into this to see if there is any interest from the band. I hadn't really researched the internet to see what was out there on Ice Age until after I posted. There is actually quite a bit of stuff on You Tube, including a video they did while Debbie Gunn from Sentinel Beast was in the band. Keeping my fingers crossed that something can be worked out. Hearing this stuff on You Tube takes me back to 88/89 when my buddy had a couple of their demos. :headbang:

What about Piranhas demos?

Two demos, four songs total

Piranha was the band Paul Baloff formed after leaving Exodus

They only ever had those two demos and thats it

What about Hungers demo?

Hunger was a a band formed by two of Dark Angels members after they broke up. They only had one three song demo

Speaking of good female Metal bands, what about the NY based Thrash-ish Metal band, Meanstreak? They had an album called "Roadkill". from what I recall, the songs kicked butt, and the production was fairly decent. It reminded me of early Megadeth.

Speaking of good female Metal bands, what about the NY based Thrash-ish Metal band, Meanstreak? They had an album called "Roadkill". from what I recall, the songs kicked butt, and the production was fairly decent. It reminded me of early Megadeth.

Pretty sure some of them are married to varies members of Dream Theater now.

Pretty sure some of them are married to varies members of Dream Theater now.

Yes, the drummer married Mike Portnoy, and the guitarist married John Petrucci. I wish some of their attitude rubbed off on Dream Theater. I stopped listening to them after "Train Of Thought", now they're just pathetically horrible. You watch, the next album will have thrash songs on it!

BRAINICIDE's demo w/ Tim Owens! One of the best demos I've ever heard. I'm sure they have other live stuff that could be included too.

a couple of underground bands which demos (or other releases) i would absolutely love to see officially released! :)

- Attaxe

- Sedition, Turner is the guy who once beat up Kurt Cobain :D

- Wartorn from Baltimore

- there was a lot of good thrash bands from Bay Area: old Steev Esquivel band - Xzanthus, Kaos, D. White (Heathen) band Laughing Dead, Mercenary

- Obscene Jester

- Skeleton

- Raven Bitch

and a looot of others..... Sorry guys for so many links, but maybe someone will find something interesting here...

Last edited by a moderator: