Diviner - Christian traditional metal

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
I mentioned this band in the "what are you currently listening to" thread awhile ago, but they deserve their own thread.

Diviner is a Greek metal band on Theocracy's label (Ulterium). I describe them as traditional metal in the 80s American vein with Christian lyrics. This album has been in regular rotation for me since I got it last year (it came out in 2015). I just love it; I really hope these guys come out with a follow-up album!

Here's two of my favorite songs, plus the full album...

Fallen Empires:

Sacred War:

Full album:

Reactions: FEZZILLA
Its definitely not bad for old school metal. Though I prefer metal with much better vocals. But that's not an insult to Diviner as they are a good metal band. I just wish some real serious good Christian metal bands would come out where the vocalists are actually better than Geoff Tate. I think its dangerous for metal music to stay in the past. We must move forward and improve our music. This is the right time for metal musicians (especially Christian artists) to take command over the music Industry. But it takes the right stuff to do it an so far I haven't see a single act in the United States that can complete with the worst and most untalented bands of Europe. This must change or metal music will soon become the next polka. Good news is, if Christians start singing like Christians again we can conquer the entire music industry. There is a whole lot of nothing going on in the mainstream music today. This is called a void and all great artists know when and how to fill that void.

Reactions: rssllue