DJ ASHBA Introduces New Signature Guitar, Teams Up With DEAN MARKLEY USA For Strings

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
SIXX:A.M.'s DJ Ashba has teamed up with Schecter Guitar Research and Dean Markley USA for the launch of two innovative, new products for musicians. Ashba and Schecter introduce the Diamond Series version of the DJ Ashba signature model. Previously only available through Schecter Guitar Research's USA Custom Shop, this new South Korean-built version puts all the same great features and design elements into a more affordable package. The guitar is complete with DJ's signature matte carbon grey finish with black matte racing stripes and his brand new "birds on a wire" neck inlay design in pearloid. Additional features include an EMG-81 in the bridge for a massive output punch, a Sustainiac system in the neck and a Floyd Rose 1500 Series Bridge and nut for precise tuning. Ashba is the newest addition to Dean Markley USA's artist roster with the launch of the DJ Ashba artist series of strings. The series is a custom set of gauges that feature .010, .013, .017, .028, .038, and .048 from the longtime favorite, Dean Markley signature series of nickel-plated strings. Ashba is currently touring arenas with SIXX:A.M. to bring the band's two 2016 releases, "Volume 1, Prayers For The Damned" and "Volume 2, Prayers For The Blessed" (out November 18) live to fans across North America. Ashba, who joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck and stayed in the band until last year, told Metal Insider about the partial reunion of the group's classic lineup: "At that point, it's best I go do what I'm really good at doing. It's kind of the best of both worlds. I get to have my favorite band back and I get to go play in my favorite band again. It's a win-win." Ashba issued a statement in July 2015 saying that he was leaving GUNS N' ROSES "to dedicate myself to my band SIXX: A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me." Ashba said earlier in his statement that working with GUNS N' ROSES was "the most incredible journey I could have possibly imagined."
djashbasigguitarnov2016.jpg

Continue reading...