DNB or POE...decisons decisions

artificialreasons

Fear, pain, hatred, power
Apr 4, 2002
Norco, Southern California
Visit site
well ive had dead heart in a dead world(wow its great) since christmas and i think its time for a new nevermore cd...on ubl.com they gave politics of ecstasy the best rating and dreaming neon black the worst i believe, but ive heard lots of good things about dnb from different people...ive heard next in line off of p.o.e. which was pretty good, and poisongodmachine(didnt like it) and dreaming neon black(my friend had it on his computer but ive only heard it once so i cant say if i liked it or not)off of dnb. tell me which one should i buy?

buy both. you know you will eventually anyway. DNB is my top album. POE is heavier, thrashier and politically charged. DNB is more melodic and dynamic with thicker guitars in some places. bottom line: they're both masterpieces. . .

Yes, they are both great albums, Nevermore's best. If i had to choose one i would choose DNB but definently try to get all their albums.

I cant believe you don't like Poisen God Machine.

Poison Godmachine is the super-fucking-best song of DNB!

Politics Of Ecstasy is their best album IMHO... go for it if you want more raw, agressive, energic stuff... DNB is more darker and melodic.

i personally thought DNB was always better than POE. if you prefer darker more melodic nevermore stuff, then you would agree with me, although i also love the heavier side of nevermore. POE's production wasn't that good, in my opinion. and if you're a sound freak like me and you're extremely picky about how something sounds and how something is produced, then you would almost have to agree with me that POE sounds shitty. i love the music and the lyrics and the whole idea behind the album, but the sound quality sucks ass. im not a licensed producer, but i know how to take something that's already great, and improve the sound quality to the best it can be, and that in my opinion makes it even better. i could make some serious adjustments myself on POE, and i think that more and more people would be into it as a result, if nevermore liked my production so much that they would replace kernon's version with mine. and i think they would. but, thats just my opinion

Darkspot definately has to go w/ DNB. When I first heard it,I thought it was a friggin' masterpiece!That is definately the cassette that I played the most.(CT Thrash sent me DNB,POE,&DHIADW on cassettes)When I first heard POE, I didn't really like it,but I've really been getting into it lately-I love the anger and lyrics about polotics.DHIADW is great but doesn't really stand out in my mind as a masterpiece.Everything about DNB does,though. The guitar work and melodies and fantastic and the lyrics can be poetic,I get into the songs about religion and mankind the most-Nevermore writes those songs in a way that no one else could ever.

Get them both!!!
The first one I got was DNB, and I was friggin' hooked!! I thought it was phenominal. Then I heard DHIADW, and freaked out even more.
I actually bought both of them the same day. Just listened to DNB, first.
A couple months later I picked up POE. I didn't really dig it all that much. I was just used to the other two. Then I gave it a few more spins, and it grew on me.
POE is all I have been listening to, at work, for the last 3-4 weeks.....NON-STOP!!!!

Buy both!!