Do girls dig guys with long hair?

ricochet

ghetto philosopher
Jul 7, 2001
behind closed eyelids
Visit site
After seeing Lina's perfect male specimen thread, I was just curious if the females on the forum prefer guys with long or short hair. I think in the US generally women prefer short hair. I suppose it's just what is "normal" or socially acceptable, and both women and men go with the flow. I have thought about growing my hair out for a while and never gone through with it. I finally thought about it and just said "I think I'll grow my hair out. What do I have to lose?". I need a change and am tired of having short hair.

I remember last year I went about 6 months without a haircut, and when I finally got it cut several girls commented on how much better it looked after the haircut. I really don't care how my hair comes off to girls because if they can't get past that and see me for who I am internally I don't want anything to do with them. I was just curious what the females here think about men with long hair. Does it bother you at all? Does it generally shy you away from meeting/approaching guys? Do you prefer men with long hair? If you prefer men with shorter hair, would you consider being in a relationship with a guy with long hair depending on the guy?

Well I'm not a girl but I think most girls who are into metal (if not all..) prefer guys with long hair..
I'm sick of girls having short hair.. it seems to be like a fashion for the last 2-3 years here.. I don't know what's happening abroad.. I really hate it.. how can they do that to theirselves? ...

Haha! Wow, you have taken a great interest in the effects of long hair, haven't you?? <winks> Well, I can only speak for myself, I totally dig long hair. It's a total turn on if it is well maintained, of course. Though, I have yet be attracted to a male with long, curly hair. Generally, I prefer straight hair. I have to say though, hair is not a big issue to me when it comes to relationships. Actually, it's not an issue at all. Hell, the guy could be completely bald. I wouldn't care. To answer your questions: No. Long hair does not bother me at all. No. It does not shy me away from meeting them. Yes, I prefer guys with long hair, but have no complaints if they have short hair. And finally, yes. I would consider being in a relationship with a guy that had long hair. :D Does that help???

It really has to do with the shape of his face and how well he takes care of his hair, but YES, long hair is a definite plus as far as appearances go.

It's not appearances that matter, though, really. At least not for me. I love the romanticised medieval warrior look (long hair and the rugged look; a bit of facial hair), but it's not something I go out looking for. I guess I just don't care too much about appearances, and don't really have a 'type' (my ex was a tall metal head, with pale skin and long blonde hair; my current boyfriend is a not so tall synther, with olive skin and short black hair).

All in all. Yes, it's a nice look. Does it matter? Not really. Do what you feel like. :rolleyes:

I don't like dirty dreadlocks though. I don't mind clean ones, but dirty ones are just nasty.

Originally posted by ZirnaLuna

Dirty dreadlocks?? :lol: Is there such a thing as clean dreadlocks??

They are rare.
You can wash dreads, but you have to get this special cap thingy.

Maybe I am thinking about braids. But if anyone has seen pictures of Brian from Korn, that's what I mean. Those are the only acceptable kinds of dread-ish hairstyles.

Brian=Head (the blondish guitar guy)

I just hate 'Head' as a name.

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
Very rare as I have never seen any and thought the whole point of dread locks was to not wash the hair causing it to stick together. Are you talking about hair that is just braided?
You actually wash dread locks with a mild shampoo about once a month. If you wash it too much it'll ruin the locks, but you're supposed to wash it.

Oh, good to know. I wasn't sure if they went unwashed for the duration. Once a month is pretty much the same as unwashed IMO. :p I'd be scratching my head all the time.

Jayde, I know who you are talking about. His aren't that bad from what I remember. He may wash his hair more than other people with dreads.

Damn, I'm going to have to move to Teramien, Skåne, or Tulsa. Having long hair where I live hasn't worked for me yet :mad:

And it's been 6 years, damn it. I can't find women that like long hair!!! Well, I found one, but she was autistic, and it was one of her fixations. Ahhhhh!!! Only mental girls like me!!!! Ahhhhhh!!! Or should that be mentally challanged?!!! Ahhhhhh!!! I don't know, but you know what I mean!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Reactions: Lina
:lol: This is great.

While I think Lopez is f'in hot ;), he is by no means the only definition of the word. Hot guys come in many different forms. I was just swept away by a combo of the tatoos and the super-intense look in his eyes. The hair adds to the mystique, I guess, but I don't consider that "my type."

Definitely the most thought-provoking post I've ever made. :p

When I cut my hair that went down to the middle of my back I suddenly started getting more looks from better looking girls...

I miss it, though.

...I suppose it depends on the face, really. I see some girls that look a lot better with shorter hair, and some that look awful

Morgan

i used to have hair down to my chin but i cut it aabout 3 years ago and had short hair for about 2 1/2 yrs...i'm now in the process of growing my hair back...it's kinda annoying, the ends are curling because (i think) it's really humid and supposedly your hair curls when it's humid....my hair's about down to my chin again and i'm planning to keep growing it