Do I need a D.I. ?

Would a good D.I box make a difference compared to the instrument input on my focusrite saffire pro?

The only thing I might say after wondering about this myself, is the fact do you own the Saffire Pro with the pads? Because I always clip when plugging my guitar straight into my 10 IO whereas a decent DI box should have the option therefor maybe the better option? Not sure about the sound quality however, I guess the difference would be minimal. All about noise I guess.

More opinions appreciated on this.

The only thing I might say after wondering about this myself, is the fact do you own the Saffire Pro with the pads? Because I always clip when plugging my guitar straight into my 10 IO whereas a decent DI box should have the option therefor maybe the better option? Not sure about the sound quality however, I guess the difference would be minimal. All about noise I guess.

More opinions appreciated on this.

Mine has the instrument button, which boost the signal. I cant use it with an 85 or it clips even with the pre knob all the way down

Mine has the instrument button, which boost the signal. I cant use it with an 85 or it clips even with the pre knob all the way down

Yeah mine has it as well, that just sets the impedence for the instrument jack, however a pad will reduce the signal by a certain amount so then you can crank your imput gun on the front panel until you boost as much as you want to go without clipping. This is the only thing thats making me consider getting a DI box instead of using the front jack. It clips with all my pickups which is quite annoying lol

Using my Redeye as a DI is subtly but noticeably better (clearer and more detailed) than using the instrument on my Mackie Onyx Satellite, which is definitely not as good as a FF400 but might be up there with the Saffire! And, of course, the Redeye can re-amp too :)