Do you believe in miracles?

your_fate

Nov 19, 2002
Visit site
I hoped, that miracles exist. But i have never thougt that they could be so near...events that happened last few weeks persuaded me, that nothing is as lost as it seem...

Originally, Opeth werent gonna visit the Czech republic during their Deliverance tour...i was totally down-hearted. I wanted so much to see them live, to catch the vibe in their music...no way to satisfy my desires...

then, things started changing and the metalmania festival 2003 (with OPETH among others) in Ostrava, CZ, was confirmed... for first, i couldnt believe..i thought that metal-revival bands (Marduk, God Dethroned, Malevolent Creation, Samael, Anathema, Opeth) were about to play a concert just for few bored metalheads...not really...

i went to the concert with my best friend, even though she isnt (wasnt??) so crazy about Opeth. Nevermind... 4 weeks before my "Judgement Day" :loco: she felt into the opeth-mania with me and listened to opeth setlist-songs only...
we have made superb flag with their logo (i used it instead of a coat before the concert:)

before Opeth themselves we have seen 5 bands..anathema was brilliant, but...you all know...
then opeth came...mikael greeted us, pleased that we stayed till their session :cool:

the concert was great, one of the most beautiful hours in my life i have spent there. All the time we waved with the flag (before opeth it was pointedly tied to the fence in front of the stage, so every band saw who we were waiting for :)

in the end, Martin Lopez threw us both of his drum-sticks and peter with mikael their picks, but we didnt catch them...no matter, evening didnt end ... but without doubts, we were the craziest fans there...

when the whole metalmania fest ended, we wanted to find them...difficult but not beyond the possibility...martina and i (again with the flag (1m x 1,5m) on my beck,after 20 minutes of endless encircling of the hall finally found parking place, where the car with foreign vehicle registration plate...Maybe???....YES!!
opeth and anathema with their crewd were already sitting in a car, ready to go..
but anathema guitarist showed mercy with us (we stared into the ban...it had black windows, so we didnt see anything but guys inside had to scream with laughter when saw our confused and chilled faces :loco: ) and went out and asked: are you looking for opeth?...wow...
then Mikael and Peter went out of a ban too... we hugged and talked about the concert and our flag...they realy admired it, couldnt believe that it is selfmade..
I told them that we didnt catch the picks, so peter gave me another one...no black one, which they use on the concerts, but ordinary much-handled violet dunlop, which peter practised at home with... and mikael didnt have a pick so he presented us his identity card...
they signed us a placard with dediation, my flag and both drum-sticks...........

What i was afraid to dream of, came true...

I wanted to share my joy with you.

Stay metal :headbang: