Do You See Katatonia Summoning The Demons Again?

I think maybe they'll be implemented minimally, but I'd be at least a bit surprised if, even in that case, they were very present in the music. I think it could work to bring them back, at least to a extent. I suppose we'll see what happens!

It seems that slowing but surely, the growls and screams are coming back to the Katatonia sound. Is the darkness of old Katatonia rearing its head again?

Or are those days long gone?

What are you talking about? Where are all these growls and screams you're talking about? The few background screams they had in a couple spots on TGCD and on one song on Viva Emptiness? I wouldn't consider that anything even close to the "darkness of old Katatonia rearing its head again". :bah:

I think that adopting growling vocals again would blow really hard. It would be pretty shit and i would hate it.
I'm really happy with katatonia's progression, thank you.

If Jonas were to begin his reign as Lord Seth again, that would mean that the past 10+ years of work on honing his vocal skill would be wasted. He is too good and too original to start a journey backwards.

I have to agree with most people here about katatonia's progression being a good one. However I would cream my pants of by some miracle they decided to venture back to their roots. I mean who could possibly hate something along the lines of Dance of December Souls???:kickass:

I have to agree with most people here about katatonia's progression being a good one. However I would cream my pants of by some miracle they decided to venture back to their roots. I mean who could possibly hate something along the lines of Dance of December Souls???:kickass:

well.... it's not hate, but I never listen to it, because it's really not my style

I think Dance Of December Souls is a relic of the times and the guys own youth. Now they are adults, some are family men and they are themselves different, progressed people. They'll work from that position. It might include growls and screams, but it will not be remotly close to DoDS methinks.

If Jonas were to begin his reign as Lord Seth again, that would mean that the past 10+ years of work on honing his vocal skill would be wasted. He is too good and too original to start a journey backwards.

He will never really be 'Lord Seth' again. Jonas' voice has evolved over the years and I think his clean voice is the very best it could be now, and it is pretty obvious he will be singing like that for the rest of his career even if he is doing some death vocals right beside the cleans. Perhaps adding a combination of both styles is the only way of honing his voice further. It will only be a journey forward with him.

Either way with Katatonia it is a win win situation, no matter what we will be getting to hear Jonas' clean vocals for as long as they are a band, whether an entire album of it or an album with some growls inbetween, nobody will be able to complain. They are a band that has stayed thirsty and original for so many years, been very experimental and have managed to make it all work brilliantly. I actually want to hear a little bit of both on the next album, but I wont complain at all if there isn't.