Do You think we're forever?

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
OK, I know've already made this thread a few months ago, and it ended in some stupid hip hop debate, but there were no Anathema forumback then.

This question IS supposed to be an abstract1 and depending on your individual thoughts, and it IS one of my favourite Anathema lyrics, so...

Do you think we're forever?

Opinions welcome........again.

No,I don't think we're forever...Once we're dead the only thing that remains instead of our dead body rotting in a coffin/or our dusts is our remembrance...I mean our friends & relatives will remember us....but slowly this fades away... they are dying,too etc etc...
Hmmm I don;t think I have made so clear what I'm trying to say...but.....

Btw,have you noticed in Eternity part 2 that the first letters of the 3 words make the word die...
Destiny
Infinty
Eternity

brrrrrr.....

in some abstract way we can think that we are forever. We are infact just a cluster of energy and carbon atoms that will carry on to the next life. Even though our mind and "soul" are gone , our energy and life will live on.

No
bluegrab.gif
I don't think so...

hmmm......
I find Garm's opinion interesting.

Yes, I know when we die, we're dead, but then What?
That scares me & intrigues me nearly the same (reincarnation, anyone?), and Melancholia said something that's important - I think that we dissapear completely when the 'continued' living beings forget about us, then we are no more.

But some people ARE forever, like Einstein, or Hitler, Michaelangelo, William Blake;), or some ancient Greek philisophers........ through their deeds. Through their art.
When there will be no human who will Know for their/ours
once-existence, there will be no_thing at all..........

imo, the only way to be forever is to become really famous (like leonardo da vinci for example) and then stay in mankind´s memory forever... there´s not another way...

:) granted.

but realizing that death is THE END will probably change your life. not many people have REALLY thought about it.

:loco: guess not existing is a pretty damn hard thing to picture in your mind...

heh, funny, I always took that line as reference to the human race, not the individual. My answer was going to be 'I sure hope not', but seeing as how everyone else takes it's meaning differently, I'll respond with a 'yes, I do'. Possibly not as an individual sentient being/spirit, but part of some greater whole energy flow or something.......

I think your soul/spirit lives on via the memories of those who knew you, but eventually that too will fade as those people pass, and on and on... :cry:

My question then...

Is the individual an illusion?

I think it works great as a human concept, and I do suppose it makes some sense...but the concept of an individual soul stems from human ego and religion...
The universe itself is one great big ball of energy...we are part of that energy...so to seperate yourself from that implies that the universe is some kind of puzzle...

so...the universe has no beginning or end...no middle, no center...no "peices"...it's a whole...magnify it...and see that everything is same...

Do we live forever?
Life itself is a strange thing...absolutley insignificant...but why not enjoy it... live it ...spend time with friends, family,lovers; read a book, walk in the woods...

Do we live forever?
No, but who cares?