Docile - Closed Eyes Opened Arms (Death/New Wave metal)

I just check your mail! but hotmail being a bitch!!
Like the drums at first hear!!
How did mart do on the basstrack btw>?

Thank God we had Mart for bass :)...it took him a couple of hours to lay everything down and I was really pleased with it...

Only afterwards I discovered I wanted a bit more of a dirtier sound, we had it pretty clean, with a light TS in front of it...so I have now a clean track of that and an amplitube with a nice gainy mid...I think it blends pretty good..

Also, you think the mix is loud enough? I feel it is, but Nanne told me he wanted it louder..or felt it needed to be louder....will be a bitch tho to go back again :)..and work on that..

Also of a good fact...this has all been done on a 120 euro 8 channel pre-amp :).....

dude...how'd you record your live drums to sound like that?!?!

Kicks are triggered with the Fusion kick from the D4 module and then some EQ. I'm still experimenting with some different kick samples I made.

Rack toms are Sennheiser MD421's and the floor a AKG D112..also goes, proper amount of eq and the new york plate setting in trueverb.

Snare is 30% sneap snare, about 50% a sample of my sensitone and the rest is the real recorded snare..

Overheads, rented Neumann's for that KM184..a stereo pair..roll off at 600hz.

Ow and might be good to let you know that tuning drums properly is essential..

man, thats awesome. I never would have thought to do any of that... which would explain why I'm here at the forum. I do remember my last drummer was always tuning his drums before every practice, that makes a lot of sense though, since us guitarists tune strings and etc. I'm not really familiar with a lot of those mics but I'll check in to them so I can understand better what you're talking about. I've always been interested in using triggers and getting a wider range of sounds from the set. Can the same programs you use for triggering a kit be used with midi? I'd like to learn more about that as well.

man, thats awesome. I never would have thought to do any of that... which would explain why I'm here at the forum. I do remember my last drummer was always tuning his drums before every practice, that makes a lot of sense though, since us guitarists tune strings and etc. I'm not really familiar with a lot of those mics but I'll check in to them so I can understand better what you're talking about. I've always been interested in using triggers and getting a wider range of sounds from the set. Can the same programs you use for triggering a kit be used with midi? I'd like to learn more about that as well.

Yeah, a lot (A LOT!!) of guys here use Drumkit From Hell to program their drums. After that they use Drumagog to replace the sound with their likes. I did the same, I didn't use any triggers, just first tried out my natural sound, and what I didn't like I replaced with Drumagog (which triggers audio or midi).. There is a lot to learn you will probally learn a lot on this forum. Same as me, when I started out, I wasn't as skilled as now. While I'm still a newbie on all of this, and have so much to learn, I get around nicely with what I want. But I want everything better! And when I hear mixes from some of the top guys here, I just want to cry out loud...I SUCK :)