Does anyone have any experience recording with a Line 6 Vetta HD

kenfobert

Jul 1, 2009
Ontario, Canada
www.myspace.com
I'm just wondering because at the moment I am using it to record my bands pre production stuff. I'm using the 2 direct outs and going straight into a Mackie ONYX 16 channel board.

I'm using the presets that I found on here for Andy's POD settings because that was the best tone I could get out of my POD so I decided to load it on the vetta.

Anyway it's sounding decent but I was wondering if anyone else has any recordings they've done with it or have any advice on how to use this head to record direct.

yep, a great amp modeler for recording direct, take a look at this for more setups like reamping through digital outs http://www.vettaville.com/vetta2.htm so you can record balanced outputs and digital outs at the same time for reamping later. Be sure the digital interface is conected inside.

I used a combination of 5150 and Dual recto as you can run two amps stereo with the built-in TS stomp box and no cab to use impulses but the cabs in there are also good (V30, mesa, Line6 etc). Use the guide at the end of the site to see what names the sims have (eg triple recto is california diamondplate...). Tweak presence at 10 o'clock or so and gain about 8. Pan the outputs hard in mode section.

Notice that you can upgrade with a soldano mod and some others amps and cabs since 2007 or so by midi conection and internet.

Anyway Direct outs are OK if it's only for a demo, just look at some amps there and combine them.

my favorite model on the vetta is the "line6 modern hi gain" which i believe is only available in the latest firmware (number of years old now if i'm not mistaken) and the second to last amp in the list.

vetta is ok for recording quick demos. if you can do it, you'd get a better sound using a VST plugin on a computer like onqel's engl model

i haven't messed with a vetta, but the hd 147 is pretty cool! nothing i'd want to use for rhythm guitars or the likes, but for overdubs, cleans, as well as the occasional lead it's great - also incredibly easy to set up. reamper out to line 6, line 6 balanced out to interface, done.
worst thing about it are the built in cab sims.....none of them sound *really* good as far as i am concerned.

Thanks for the replies guys. Our plan right now is to also record DI tracks at the same time so that we can send thema way to be reamped somewhere.

I do have one question. How do you go about editing the DI tracks, and cutting them all together. How do you know that the DI tracks will sound good once their reamped. Obviously you won't be able to tell what the clean DI tracks will sound like once their reamped.

Or should you let the person reamping, also edit the tracks?

I do have one question. How do you go about editing the DI tracks, and cutting them all together. How do you know that the DI tracks will sound good once their reamped. Obviously you won't be able to tell what the clean DI tracks will sound like once their reamped.

Or should you let the person reamping, also edit the tracks?

you can put an ampsim vst onto the di-tracks to listen to it,

i dont think the person who will reamp them wants to edit them too ;)