Does anyone here...

MagentaPork

New Metal Member
Aug 28, 2003
Visit site
...Like The Devin Towsend Band a lot more than Strapping Young Lad? I'm not saying that I don't like SYL, but i just think that TDTB is far superior to them. Anyone else find this to be true for them?

DTB is better, the only SYL album on part with DTB material is City, which is better than all DTB(IMO) except OM and Terria.

Demonspell said:
I also prefer Devin's solo projects...
Well, I love the Devy Solo stuff and the DTB, but for me DTB, SYL...It's all the same, it's Dev's music...He composes everything

But now I'm sure that the DTB is the future for Dev. I mean SYL is basically cyber/trash metal (call it as you want)...Dev is not Kerry King, I don't see him playing the metal guru until his death. Also I think he has much more to say with his more progressive influences. I discussed about this with Ryan some months ago and Dev told him that even if SYL was the main attraction those months, the future is bright for the DTB, and he is sure that this band is here for a long, long time...Shit, when I hear songs like "deep peace" "dead head" or "away" how could this be different ?

To finish, and that's my opinion, so don't blame me, I prefere the DTB musicians. Individually I think that they are better and they all come from different projects. The SYL members play metal with ZH, Tenet and Punchdrunk...and it's always Metal...Those guys breathe metal, with the DTB I think that Dev has the chance to play with guys that bring a new breathe to his hits.

Geoff