Does anyone like The Smashing Pumpkins

Warheart666

Nothing.
Feb 6, 2005
MD
These guys are my second favorite band, almost every one of their songs is perfect to me. All of the bandmembers were and still are wonderful musicians. Does anybody here appreciate them as much as I do?

they were my favourite band when i was 13... saw them in the mellon collie tour with james still with them

now i pretty much only listen to them for nostalgia reasons, and some of the songs i still like a lot... but billy corgan's voice can get on my nerves :erk:

Just "Gish" and prior. "Siamese Dream" was OK, but I really didn't like the direction they were going in, and I HATE ALL ELSE AFTER IT :yuk:

I used to really love their EPs, but when they compiled them onto that CD, for some reason they were not as enjoyable. I can't tell if they changed 'em or if I changed. :Spin:

i loved them most during their mellon collie album billy is brilliant with his words

I'm a big pumpkins nerd. I have all the bootlegs and whatnot. I always respected their musical philosphy, and appriciated the fact that they weren't afraid to play in several styles.

Meandor said:
I'm a big pumpkins nerd. I have all the bootlegs and whatnot. I always respected their musical philosphy, and appriciated the fact that they weren't afraid to play in several styles.
yeah, that's a good point too

I only got into them about 2 years ago, it took a little while to get used to Billy's voice, but I like them a lot now. Never got round to buying any of their albums though.. something I'm planning on changing when I next get paid. Umm, CDs.

SP are my second favorite band. I've always been into them and whatever Billy does...ever since I was like 5 or 6.

I used to post on their message board when I was like fourteen :eek:

Gish is by far my favorite,
then Siamese Dream,

the rest of the albums are good but I don't usually listen to them the whole way through like I do with those two. Mellon Collie has some of their best songs but also some of their worst. Adore is about 50/50 for me. Machina has quite a bit of filler but Machina II has some really great stuff (with some filler as well, but hey, it was like 36 songs or something, right?)

yeah....it's kinda sad that none of the musicians solo work, or work with other bands comes anywhere near as close as they were when they were together

awful....very bad indeed, whining whinging music that was dull and very very boring, utter toss, that needed a good kick in the bollocks, and a very hard one at that! - did nothing for bald men either.