Does anyone remember the bands Deep Or Lethal?

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
I saw Deep open for Nevermore at Annie's in Cincinnatti during the DNB tour and have two of their C.D."s. They were from Texas, impressive live, and remind me of Death (but not as trchnical) meets Testament/early Metallica. Ty Tabor of King's X and John Perez of Solitude Aeturnus co-produced/mixed the album.

As for Lethal, they were from Erlanger, Ky and an aquaintance( Kevin Hull) of mine's cousin Dell Hull played on their "Programmed" album. I have "Poison Seed" and "Your Favorite God E.P". They sound like Queensryche/Maiden/Sanctuary/Nevermore.

Any info appreciated.

Lethal were one of my favorite bands!!!

Besides Programmed there was the Your favorite God EP ( which fetured a certain Nevermore member ) and the Poison Seed CD.

Amazing singer, great band!

They apparently have reformed. :kickass:

I LOVED Deep. Their singer Jerome used to hang out in the #dreaming_neon_black back in the day and he was super cool. We always got along really well. He had collapsed lungs just like me so we always shared stories and stuff. I believe he quit playing in bands and began to focus on just doing studio work and living a basically normal life. I met him one time in Seattle when they toured with King Diamond. I was only 20 I think and the show was 21+ so I couldn't go in, but he came outside and hung out for a while.

I have mp3s he sent me of an album called Glimmer that they recorded right before they broke up. It never got released and it's unfortunate because it's probably their best one. I haven't talked to Jerome in years now. I miss him and I miss that band :(

After he quit, Deep became Cast in Gray:
http://www.myspace.com/castingrey

Hope this helps you!

My version of "Your Favorite God" Doesn't have Pat O'Brien or the Song "Balancing Act". It only has five songs: Swim Or Drown, Waiting on the Kill, The Page Before. Hard to Breathe, The Real. It's dated 1995 on Bullet Proof records marketed by Music For Nations.

As for Deep, I'll try the myspace page. Thanks Sphongled.

Lethal kicked ass back in the day. One of my favorite underground groups. The company that used to distribute my cd's also shuffled around Lethals after Metal Blade dropped them. They put me in contact with the guitarist, and we traded up demos. It was very cool shit, and most of it was used for subsequent cd's. I have a killer version of Balancing Act before it was changed. Unfortunately by the end the singer Tom wanted to move more into a grunge direction and the band spiraled apart. I'm really happy they are getting it back together. I'll buy a CD if they do one!!!