DOKKEN appreciation thread!

Why you ask?
Because they're DOKKEN!!
Appreciate now!:headbang::worship:

dokken_l.jpg

*appreciates Dokken from 1981 to 1989*

*chokes on own vomit over Dokken from 1990 to whenever Erase The Slate came out*

*was moderately impressed by Erase The Slate*

*disappointed with everything until the new album*

*appreciates Dokken once more* :D

Has anyone heard the new album yet? The new guitarist (Jon Levin) is fucking killer! More Lynch than Lynch these days! If only Don could still sing. :(

Its probably about time they have. They've been round for 20+ years. Noone cares anymore, thats usually when bands tour Aus. See winger, ratt, tesla, van halen, ozzy, judas priest, dream theater, helloween etc etc.

Why have i not posted on this thread yet.

I loves me some Dokken. As far as i'm concerned they are the cream of the crop of glammy 80's melodic hard rock/metal. No band comes close. The first four albums are all classics.

All the original members of DOKKEN reunited on stage for the first time in more than a decade last night (Sunday, November 29) at the House of Blues in Anaheim, California. According to Andrew Youssef of the OC Weekly, Don Dokken appeared on stage and said he had some friends he wanted to introduce. Jeff Pilson (original bassist) and George Lynch (guitar) joined Mick Brown (drums) for a two-song encore of "When Heaven Comes Down" and "In My Dreams".

Watch fan-filmed video footage of the performance below.

DOKKEN's Anaheim, San Diego (Nov. 28) and Hollywood (Nov. 27) shows featured support from LYNCH MOB in what marked the first time ever that the two bands had shared the stage. (Note: DOKKEN and LYNCH MOB played together at last month's Loud Park festival in Japan, but they did not perform on the same stage.)

DOKKEN's new "greatest-hits" album — a collection of all-new versions of tracks such as "Dream Warriors", "Breaking the Chains" and "Just Got Lucky", paired two new songs and two covers (including a version of "Lies", originally recorded by THE KNICKERBOCKERS) — is tentatively due early next year via Cleopatra.

DOKKEN's latest album "Lightning Strikes Again", was released on May 13, 2008 via Rhino Records. The CD is DOKKEN's tenth studio album and it "mark[ed] a true and definite return" to the band's classic sound, according to a press release.

In addition to the regular European version of "Lightning Strikes Again", Frontiers Records released a special limited edition of the CD on April 11, 2008 in a glossy slipcase. The limited-edition version included an exclusive bonus track for Europe, entitled "Sunset Superstar".

Shame Don is losing his range though.

Last edited by a moderator: