DOKKEN To Release New Studio Album In The Spring, Says DON DOKKEN

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
DOKKEN is planning to enter the studio in December to begin writing a new studio album for a tentative spring 2019 release. The disc will mark the band's first collection of all-new material since 2012's "Broken Bones" effort. Speaking with Tigman of the Albany, New York radio station Q103, DOKKEN frontman Don Dokken stated about the band's upcoming touring activities (hear audio below): "Actually, we're winding down. We've got four shows on the West Coast [in November] and we're calling it a day for two months so we can write a new record. We're gonna write it in December and January and we'll have it out in the spring. We have a new record company, and we're just gonna put a new record out for the spring for the next tour." Don went on to say that DOKKEN will release "a couple of videos" to promote the new disc. After "Broken Bones" failed to meet his expectations commercially, Don Dokken publicly questioned whether the band should or would make another record. He was also ruthlessly criticized by fans after radiation treatments from a bout with stomach cancer and eventual vocal-cord surgery hurt his performances. He told the Bradenton Herald that he took a year or so off after "Broken Bones" to regroup and reassess the band's place in the rock marketplace. "I was getting so bad I had to say, 'Guys, I'm just destroying our brand. I suck,'" Dokken said. "I put on 40 pounds. I couldn't sing. I just didn't look good; I didn't feel good. I just had to get the radiation over with and rehab and come back." "Broken Bones" sold around 2,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 173 on The Billboard 200 chart. Don Dokken, guitarist George Lynch, bassist Jeff Pilson and drummer "Wild" Mick Brown completed a short Japanese tour in October 2016, marking the first time in 21 years the band's classic lineup had hit the road. A DOKKEN concert DVD focusing on the band's reunion tour, "Return To The East Live (2016)", was made available earlier this year. Don told "The Classic Metal Show" that the main reason he doesn't want to continue with the classic DOKKEN lineup is that "loves" the band he has now — which features Brown, alongside guitarist Jon Levin and bassist Chris McCarvill.

Continue reading...