Don't kill me for my English

WithLOVEfromRUSSIA

New Metal Member
Dec 23, 2006
Hi everybody. Thanks to Darktranquillity.com I may get answers on my questions.
One man talk that on 1 guitar he can play all musik, but he never show how he doing this. I don't believe him... One friend which listen Black Metal from 7 years old(hi is 19 now and hi is crazy about All Black Metal in the world) talk me that not every guitar is good for specified style of playing. I have no guitar, but i want to get it in the future... so it is really no matter what guitar you will choose, is it only defference in appearance(out side(didn't find a word(Во внешнем виде for Russian))???

Hi everybody. Thanks to Darktranquillity.com I may get answers formy questions.
One man said that on one guitar he could play all kinds of music, but he never showed how he did this. I don't believe him... One friend who listens to Black Metal from 7 years old(he is 19 now and he is crazy about All Black Metal in the world) told me that not every guitar is good for a specified style of playing. I have no guitar, but I want to get one in the future... so does it really matter what guitar you choose, or is it only difference in appearance?

here is what you said translated

haha, kind of but I understood everything you said. Well, i'm really not sure what kind of guitar you should get. What styles of music do you plan to play?

A lot of musik in my heart.My favourite groups are Iron Maiden,Blind Guardian, Judas Priest, Metallica and especially Immortal, Children of Bodom and Dark tranquillity. My tastes are diffrent. But the first place is for Dark Tranquillity:worship: . At their official site I find out that they playing on Gibson Guitars and I would like to get the same sounds from my guitar(But I like to stare at guitars at bcrich.com). How much Gibson differ from BCRich? What for I must aim in future?

A lot of musik in my heart.My favourite groups are Iron Maiden,Blind Guardian, Judas Priest, Metallica and especially Immortal, Children of Bodom and Dark tranquillity. My tastes are diffrent. But the first place is for Dark Tranquillity:worship: . At their official site I find out that they playing on Gibson Guitars and I would like to get the same sounds from my guitar(But I like to stare at guitars at bcrich.com). How much Gibson differ from BCRich? What for I must aim in future?

by gibson I presume you ,mean les pauls? I don't think those guiatrs are completely versitile for metal, and very hard to play in the uper frets, for all those bands you listed I would recomend geting a jackson or an Ibanez as many poeple will tell you, I would stay away from BC rich, What id your price range?

There is no well-defined price for me... I think for the good guitar I must pay well. First I will end my college. 6 month remain. For this time I can earn some money. After college I want to dip in to the world of musik.
Tell me please, I make a lot of errors:loco: ?

Dude, your English is awesome. Sure the grammar is bad but it sounds great when I read it with a Russian accent :)

Around $600 USD or local equivalents can get a fairly decent guitar from most reputable manufacturers.

Yea gibson les paul is a good all rounder, as is Ibanez RG series.

You like BC Rich?

Moser was a designer that for whatever reason left BC Rich to form his own company... and his shapes are a lot more extreme.

For instance his Bastard V import can be had for $900USD ( sometimes less ).

Moser Custom Shop - Microsite

I want one.

Anyway, the best way to find out what guitar you want is to go to a guitar store, and play all the guitars there. Whichever you like the best and can afford, leave with. Most of the actual sound you get is based on your amplifier-- any guitar with the same features as a Gibson Les Paul will sound similar to it.

( By the way, my band sounds a lot like Dark Tranquility, check us out :D )

Hey man. Well a good first guitar on a budget would be a basswood hard tail model. Stay away from any kind of trem on a first guitar. And try to get something that has real seymour duncans or dimazrios. Here are a few examples.

IBANEZ 2006

or try the 7 string version

IBANEZ 2006

both good guitars,

if you can afford it

IBANEZ 2006

your best bet look for a used guitar and try it out before you buy it

Hey man. Well a good first guitar on a budget would be a basswood hard tail model. Stay away from any kind of trem on a first guitar. And try to get something that has real seymour duncans or dimazrios. Here are a few examples.

Try an Ibanez 7321

or a Jackson dinky

your best bet look for a used guitar and try it out before you buy it

by gibson I presume you ,mean les pauls? I don't think those guiatrs are completely versitile for metal, and very hard to play in the uper frets, for all those bands you listed I would recomend geting a jackson or an Ibanez as many poeple will tell you, I would stay away from BC rich, What id your price range?

Agreed, I have various models of both brands and I love them and they are much better suited to the task than a Les Paul would be. :)

i wouldnt recommend a Floyd Rose for anyone.....
anyway, i have had luck with both ibanez and LTD. I have an Ibanez RG321 and it is really good for anyone really. my LTD is an EX model, might be a weird shape for a beginner, but i think the LTD has a more solid feel. Another option would be get a cheaper version of whatever guitar you really want to start, then upgrade the pickups.

Why the hell not? Floyd roses kick ass, ok so maybe there a nightmare when changing strings etc. but once you get the hang of its easy as pie:)

Seriously, I started on a Floyd Rose and when I finally played a guitar without one I was extremely annoyed. Had this discussion come up with the guitar at the guitar shop today as well. She loves her Floyd. :)

I started on a stop tail. If I had to deal with a Floyd Rose along with learning how to play I'd've shot myself!

They're pains in the asses. I still dread changing strings. But they're badass and very reliable.

I started on a stop tail. If I had to deal with a Floyd Rose along with learning how to play I'd've shot myself!

They're pains in the asses. I still dread changing strings. But they're badass and very reliable.

haha changing strings on a floyd is childs play, its intonating that gets annoying.

My 7 string has a Floyd too.

I strung up my string through Agile the other day and it took me literally 5 minutes. Compared to the 20-30 that my Floyd guitars take, it's a lot less frustrating.