Don't Stop...

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com

If only this video was taken about 6 years ago, maybe Journey would have grabbed Joey instead of that Pineda dude, and I could have had a proper follow up to WCFYA.

ahh well. Joey does do a good job here, but it just confirms what I've always said about him. And I became a fan during the Joey years.

Last edited by a moderator:

If only this video was taken about 6 years ago, maybe Journey would have grabbed Joey instead of that Pineda dude, and I could have had a proper follow up to WCFYA.

ahh well. Joey does do a good job here, but it just confirms what I've always said about him. And I became a fan during the Joey years.

Great. Joey is just amazing. He has an awesome range, something Bush lacks, an awesome stage presence and is the perfect vocalist for Anthrax.

It is awesome to hear Joey show off his range. I don't understand the Joey-haters disparaging it, as if a big range is a bad thing. Are you a bunch of idiots? What, a big range means you are not a metal vocalist?

Might I remind you fools of Dickinson? How about Halford? Or, the king of range, King Diamond? Wanna say they aren't "metal"? Go ahead and do that, it will just prove you are fools, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Great. Joey is just amazing. He has an awesome range, something Bush lacks, an awesome stage presence and is the perfect vocalist for Anthrax.

It is awesome to hear Joey show off his range. I don't understand the Joey-haters disparaging it, as if a big range is a bad thing. Are you a bunch of idiots? What, a big range means you are not a metal vocalist?

Might I remind you fools of Dickinson? How about Halford? Or, the king of range, King Diamond? Wanna say they aren't "metal"? Go ahead and do that, it will just prove you are fools, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Honestly if anyone can sit here and say that Joey sucks, has a bad voice, 'is losing it' they are idiots and know nothing about singing. Joey has a far superior range and is a much more polished professional singer than is John Bush. John Bush is good for what he does. But Joey is/was and will always be a better singer than John Bush. Could you imagine John Bush trying to sing this Journey song? Good luck! Bush is very monotone and has very little range.

There is no reason to hate John Bush. He is a good guy, good singer, and all of that. But when it come to Anthrax, Joey is the voice of this band. After listening to the entire John Bush era catalog the other day I hope to honestly never hear those songs ever again live.

I really hope this new Anthrax album doesn't go half ass like the previous decade. Without Danny Spitz I am a bit worried. But we shall see!

And what would that confirm? That he is a far superior singer than John Bush? Anthrax had a decade to do a follow up from SOWN and went to shit. The reason there was no follow up to WCFYA is because no record label would ever think about putting any $$ into another album that would fail like the previous 3 "anthrax" albums.

You being a Joey era fan (so you say) should really be looking forward to the band getting back to playing more down and dirty heavy thrash music again. I don't care who the vocalist is, the last 4 albums Anthrax has put out doesn't hold a torch musically to the Joey era albums. Not even close.

I'd rather listen to Joey do Journey covers than listen to whatever Bushthrax would've released after WCFYA. There's no denying Joey's technical skill. Those who do must be lacking in some area of their life and therefore relate to underdog types like Bush. One can prefer Bush-style vox, but one cannot sanely say Joey is a bad singer.

a Bushthrax-follow up to WCFYA? oh my god! i don't wanna imagine that, songs like "Refuse To Be Denied", "Nobody Knows Anything", "Strap It On", "Taking The Music Back", "Think About An End", "WCFYA", all fillers in my book, i don't even wanna think of "Crash". Bushthrax was sooo poor compared to great metal-bands like In Flames, Iced Earth, Kataklysm, Into Eternity, Orphaned Land,...

it can be compared! Anthrax promoted themselves with Metal = Anthrax when WCFYA came out! musicwise Bushthrax was lacking everything that great metal has!

a Bushthrax-follow up to WCFYA? oh my god! i don't wanna imagine that, songs like "Refuse To Be Denied", "Nobody Knows Anything", "Strap It On", "Taking The Music Back", "Think About An End", "WCFYA", all fillers in my book, i don't even wanna think of "Crash". Bushthrax was sooo poor compared to great metal-bands like In Flames, Iced Earth, Kataklysm, Into Eternity, Orphaned Land,...

I don't really like those band you mentioned. But yes WCFYA starts off semi promising with What Doesn't Die. Then after that it is a huge let down. There are a few songs in between that are not bad. But over all there are a lot of terrible songs. Don't get how anyone can say this album is 'amazing'.

I just honestly don't think they had the capabilities to make another 'classic' album with John Bush in the band. His vocal style is more fit for a groove oriented sound not a fast thrash type sound. (as apparent when he tried to sing most of the Joey era songs live).

None the less it's all good now. On to bigger and better things for this band.

Okay, Crash is just an interlude, but how can you say those are not good songs? I think Strap It On has one of the best choruses Anthrax has ever written.

And why are you comparing Anthrax to In Flames and such? They've got nothing in common with any of them.

Bushthrax was a metal band, right? In Flames and so on are also metal bands but they are ten times better than Bushthrax, i just wanna say Bushthrax wasn't competitive in metal and too heavy for most mainstream-listeners, that's why their records didn't sell. IMO the above mentioned songs are boring and "Strap It On" has an awful chorus, Rob said in an interview that it was his most hated Anthrax-song. "Nobody Knows Anything" is a good example for bad songwriting, the drumming is amazing but what's with the rest of the song, the riffs, the chorus and what about melodies? Awful! they went out of ideas that's why the interlude "Crash" has even made it onto the album.

I like Refuse to be denied, strap it on, think about an end, etc. Songs like Crash, Taking the music back, superhero, nobody knows anything were mostly filler.

Bushthrax was a metal band, right? In Flames and so on are also metal bands but they are ten times better than Bushthrax...

They are all metal, sure but not the same kind. In Flames is boarder line Screamo for Christs sake.

Range? Singing like a girl makes you metal? Joey is kinda flat on half that song anyways. i guess i'm not metal i prefer my bands to have men singing, like Machine Head, Pantera, Slipknot, Faith No More, Living Color, Sevendust, Testament, Slayer etc etc..

the others are ok but come on man, Slipknot is music for teenagers or do you think there are grown up maggotts (like they use to call their fans).