Doom/death metal project

andreibass

New Metal Member
Dec 3, 2011
Hello, i'm a newbie around here, even i've read this forum many times before. So, for all you metalheads that love slow riffs, i present you my first ever recorded/mixed full track of this genre. I played and recorded by myself guitar, bass and vocals and the drums are Superior Drummer.

Here it is:

You can find the gear that i used in the description of the video. Any feedback it will be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!
I think the drums need to be more upfront! You need to control the lows a bit more.. They jump out like a Mofo(at least on my shitty speakers)!
Not really a big doom fan but the riff at 4:30 is cool man!

cheers

I really like the vibe that you've got going on here. The

Have to agree that the drums need to stand out more. The low-end is muddy and I think that you probably need to cut a lot of the frequencies on the guitars < 250-300 Hz. You need to give the bass and guitars their own spaces within the frequency spectrum. You'll find the mix gets more clarity when this is achieved.

I feel the mix needs some overall light compression that might help glue it together a bit more as well as everything feels a bit separated on times.

Good effort though!

Thanks guys! You're advices are much appreciated because I want to continue this project
and at the moment it's going to remain a one man project. So keep them going!