Doom metal similar to Candlemass

DarthSimian

New Metal Member
Nov 10, 2007
I recently listened to their new album King of the Grey Islands. Amazing. I was like hooked into them right from its first song. I haven't heard their earlier albums, but heard that they have a new vocalist. SOme say he is better than the previous guy.

Anyway, any reccomendations for bands and albums similar to this?

Isole-Forevermore
Scald-Will Of The Gods Is Great Power
Doomsword-Doomsword
Mythological Cold Towers-Sphere Of Nebaddon
Solstice(UK)-Lamentations
Solstice(UK)-New Dark Age

And I highly recommend that you check out Candlemass's first two albums, Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and Nightfall. The vocalists are different on these two albums though. Great epic doom metal.

I recently listened to their new album King of the Grey Islands. Amazing. I was like hooked into them right from its first song. I haven't heard their earlier albums, but heard that they have a new vocalist. SOme say he is better than the previous guy.

Anyway, any reccomendations for bands and albums similar to this?

um... you might just want to start by getting the first four candlemass albums... they all kick ass... oh and messiah rules

Well the newest album sounds quite alot like Krux so try them maybe. Also Solitude Aeturnus which Robert Lowe the current Candlemass vocalist also is the vocalist of.

For other doom bands in the same vein maybe:

Forsaken
Memory Garden
While Heaven Wept
Doomshine
Well of Souls(US)

Also most bands Triton recommended, especially Scald and Solstice.

Check out Trouble, Solitude Aeturnus, Doomsword, Saint Vitus, My Dying Bride, Swallow the Sun, Pentagram, and maybe Witchfinder General and Draconian. But if you're looking for a doom metal band better than Candlemass, you'll be disappointed. I'd reccomend exhausting Candlemass's catalog before even touching on those of most of these bands. My two favorite non-Candlemass doom metal bands are Doomsword and Draconian.