Doom that's drugged out sounding

Perdition's Light

dinosaur jr.
Apr 5, 2004
I want stuff that's either directly influenced by marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, etc. or at least sounds like like it would be good to listen to while high. Although I don't get high anymore, I like bands with that sounds (heavy bass, semi-psychadelic elements/interludes, etc). Good examples are:

Electric Wizard
Warhorse
Acid Bath
Burning Witch
Cathedral
Neurosis
Eyehategod (which is more "what it feels like to be dopesick" but a very good band)

Feel free to include sludge or drone or whatever. Don't say "Black Sabbath", unless you enjoy being captain obvious.

Yob can be I guess, but Yob can also be kind of boring.

Kayo Dot has some songs that go there despite not being teh pure doom or anything, like '__On Limpid Form' which drones on at the end for like 5 minutes of just doomy noise riff and a bunch of banging on oil drums.

And how about the first Earth album?

I still haven't heard anything like that that really really really pushes that balance of what I'd like to hear to grandiosity.

Well if you have been living under a rock, then maybe you don't know of Saint Vitus.
Reverend Bizarre (at least they sound like they are on something) and Pentagram and both very druggggged out stuffs.

Bobby Leibling from Pentagram is Livin in a Ram's head.
Ask anyone who knows about him and they will tell ya that he does all sorts of stuff.

Njiqahdda - Njimajikal Arts will also take you to odd places, it sort of has some black metal influence, but really what it is is really fuzzed out, bassed out, doomy, longwinded...stuff... not really all that slow all the time but it just goes on and on and on..

I want stuff that's either directly influenced by marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, etc. or at least sounds like like it would be good to listen to while high. Although I don't get high anymore, I like bands with that sounds (heavy bass, semi-psychadelic elements/interludes, etc). Good examples are:

Electric Wizard
Warhorse
Acid Bath
Burning Witch
Cathedral
Neurosis
Eyehategod (which is more "what it feels like to be dopesick" but a very good band)

Feel free to include sludge or drone or whatever. Don't say "Black Sabbath", unless you enjoy being captain obvious.

Have you got off the heroin too? That stuff is teh badz.

Mathiäs;8060350 said:
Have you got off the heroin too? That stuff is teh badz.

Yeah man I have! I had a month and then slipped up but that was about a month ago, so overall I'm doing very good. I'm feeling much better. Thanks for your concern.

There's a few bands here I haven't heard, although I don't think there were any bands listed I've never heard of (except Black Sabbath) but it's good to be reminded about stuff I've ignored.

Have you heard Om? I recommended them in the post-rock thread but they're more stoner doomish really. Bass, Drums & minimal vocals.