Download my album 'Cassini' for FREE! (Instrumental, Progressive Metal, Djent)

C2Aye

has the groove.
Jul 11, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
So this summer, on a whim, I decided to record an album containing some of my older songs reworked and a whole bunch of new ones. What I ended up with was 'Cassini'. You can download it at bandcamp for free:

Bandcamp

Or if somehow (very unlikely!) the free downloads runs out for the month you can get it via dropbox:

Dropbox

I hope you enjoy the album as much I did making it for you guys!

Here's the tracklisting and the album art:

1: Pillars of Creation
2: Orion
3: Cassini
4: Messier Object
5: Double Helix
6: Dirac Sea
7: Multiverse Part I: Origin
8: Multiverse Part II: Divergence
9: Multiverse Part III: Alternate Realities

AlbumCover2.jpg

Also, if you can, please 'like' me on facebook! Facebook | Sithu Aye

I hope you guys enjoy what you hear and do let me know what you think!

Peace out

Sithu

I like it man!

Will definitely download it when I get home.

Great bass tone, too.

Hadi

Messier Object sounds like it is HEAVILY influenced by Animals as Leaders. A bit too much if you ask me but maybe I'm wrong :D

Really cool stuff though! I like the low pitched snare but I think it's a bit too low pitched/undefined so it sort of melts away at times. The mix is congested and heavily compressed but it doesn't bother me.

You do have some really nice riffs man, keep up the good stuff!

Messier Object sounds like it is HEAVILY influenced by Animals as Leaders. A bit too much if you ask me but maybe I'm wrong :D

Really cool stuff though! I like the low pitched snare but I think it's a bit too low pitched/undefined so it sort of melts away at times. The mix is congested and heavily compressed but it doesn't bother me.

I feel that riffwise, Messier Object doesn't really borrow from AAL at all, but definitely in terms of the overall feel and vibe of the track. I guess that makes the biggest impression.

As for the snare, I wanted it to sound huge but it's my first proper mix in SD2.0, I'll probably use x-drums the next time around to mix things up a bit.

And if the mix doesn't bother you, then that's a good thing right! :D

Thanks for taking the time to listen man!

Hey man!! thank you!!

Donwloading!!

No, thank you! Cheers and I hope you enjoy it!

This awesome!!!
Great work, I'd love to hear some new songs, not just old reworked songs. Everyone needs to check this out!!!

Really cool stuff though! I like the low pitched snare but I think it's a bit too low pitched/undefined so it sort of melts away at times.

I quite like the snare tone (EQ) it dares to be powerful instead of just snappy like so many others ,the only thing i'd change would be the compression settings on the kit mix because parts of the hardware sound like they're ducking behind the kicks possibly the snare also so I'd say just ease up a little on drum compression & then rebalance drums .
I like the over all EQ .

This awesome!!!
Great work, I'd love to hear some new songs, not just old reworked songs. Everyone needs to check this out!!!

Thanks man! I'm glad you like it! Also, only Cassini and Double Helix are old songs, the rest are new ones I wrote for the album. Anyhow, cheers bro!

I quite like the snare tone (EQ) it dares to be powerful instead of just snappy like so many others ,the only thing i'd change would be the compression settings on the kit mix because parts of the hardware sound like they're ducking behind the kicks possibly the snare also so I'd say just ease up a little on drum compression & then rebalance drums .
I like the over all EQ .

I wanted the snare to sound big so I guess I've kinda achieved that! But I'm still fairly new to Superior Drummer (only had it for a few months) so I'm still totally getting to grips with mixing it. Hopefully my next release will fare better in that regard!

I'm glad you think the overall EQ is good. I spent ages during the mastering stage tweaking this and that to get the overall mix sounding as nice as possible!

Any more feedback would be awesome guys, and share this with all your friends if you can!

Loving it man! Your clean tone is amazing and I like your Superior tone. What did you use for your glitches?

Cheers man! I really went for a Fender Amp kind of clean tone since I love those old amps!

For the actual glitching I used glitch vst. For noises and such, I think it was a program called circle and the electronic drums are all a collection of free samples I've found over the years.

Hey dude, been listening to your record and I'm really enjoying it! Awesome work and great production!

Keep it up and post some videos of you ripping up them riffs!

Hadi

I really admire your guitar playing...how long have you been playing? Did you take lessons?

Also, any info on the equip used to record the guitars, specifically the interface (I read you used an rg1527)

downloading. Thank you for sharing your hard work!

The pleasure was all mine! I hope you enjoy it!

Hey dude, been listening to your record and I'm really enjoying it! Awesome work and great production!

Keep it up and post some videos of you ripping up them riffs!

Hadi

Thank you very much man! I'm really glad you like it! As for videos, I don't really have a decent camera but I may end up making a youtube page and posting some videos in the near future!

I really admire your guitar playing...how long have you been playing? Did you take lessons?

Also, any info on the equip used to record the guitars, specifically the interface (I read you used an rg1527)

Cheers man, I really appreciate it! I've been playing since I was about 12/13 so 8 to 9 years now (I can never quite remember!). I'm self taught and never really received formal lessons (I got taught a few chords when I first picked up the guitar at school when I was 13 if that counts!)

I used an M-Audio Fast Track USB II as my interface as it was inexpensive and did its job very well. Amps are all digital sims and I used Guitar Rig 4 for cleans and Lepou Legion for the distorted tones and leads.

Thanks again man!

Any more feedback on the album would be awesome and please share it with your friends if you can!