DOWNSET's BRIAN ARES SCHWAGER On 'Interviews From The Edge' (Audio)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Tricia Weight of "Interviews From The Edge" recently conducted an interview with guitarist Brian Ares Schwager of reunited hardcore punk/rap metal veterans DOWNSET. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below. DOWNSET released its new album, "One Blood", on July 21 after a 10-year hiatus. The video for the CD's title track can be viewed below. The clip was produced by Marcelo Palomino and Brian Cox of Digital Iris Productions. "Doing the 'One Blood' video was putting a big breath of fresh air into the lungs of DOWNSET," states guitarist Brian Ares Schwager. "We wanted to embrace our hardcore roots, our hip-hop roots, our graffiti roots and our Los Angeles roots, as well as unite many of our closest friends and family for a 'One Blood' debut show and reunion. The day of the shoot was a blast and working with Digital Iris Productions was a great experience capturing 'One Blood' on video." "When Marcelo called me to let me know we were doing the new DOWNSET video, I was ecstatic," states producer Brian Cox. "Being that I've been a fan of the band since my early teens and that he's been friends with those guys for years, we knew we had to produce what we felt best represents DOWNSET in its truest form. With 'One Blood', it was about bringing different genres, artistic styles and people together. We feel that idea of unity was encapsulated well in in the making of this video." "One Blood" is available for download now via iTunes and Amazon. Produced by DOWNSET guitarist Brian Ares Schwager and mixed by Wesley Seldman, the CD was recorded in three locations — Venice And Overland rehearsal studio in Culver City, California; The Basement in Baltimore, Maryland; and Creating Better Sounds studio in Palmdale, California. "One Blood" continues the epic tradition that only DOWNSET can truly express — hybridizing hip-hop and crushing riffs with lyrics that touch the world dramatically. "One Blood" reminds listeners of DOWNSET's critical position in this contemporary era of art, expression and music. DOWNSET recently finished up a brief East Coast tour, which included a stop at the famed This Is Hardcore Festival in Philadelphia. Formed in 1986, DOWNSET released albums on the Mercury and Epitaph labels before disbanding in 2009. DOWNSET is: Ray Oropeza - Vocals Brian Ares Schwager - Guitar James Morris - Bass Chris Hamilton - Drums

downsetonebloodcd.jpg

More...