http://www.myspace.com/draggedintosunlight

1. Boiled Angel/Buried With Leeches
2. Volcanic Birth
3. To Hieron
4. Lashed To The Grinder and Stoned To Death
5. I, Aurora
6. Totem Of Skulls

Review by Paul Priest for Raw Nerve Promotions

"If you've ever seen or heard Dragged Into Sunlight before, you'll know they are no ordinary four piece! I've witnessed their intense, misanthropic, well structured, almost spectacular live show on a fair few occasions, and it never fails to fill me with actual joy.

This translates onto record near perfectly. Nearly an hour of sickening, gritty black metal with a lot of major doom and sludge overtones, and generally quite dank, horrid atmospheres throughout, which is, of course, a compliment!

Monumental riffs litter the first song 'Boiled Angel' and nothing much holds them back after that song spews out its digust onto these happy ears. 'Lashed To The Grinder and Stoned To Death' has some massive sections as well, and the slower moments bring the whole piece together, in a seething fashion.

That's not to say this album is perfect. A couple of the songs don't quite have enough real hooks or big riffs to stand out amongst the monster tunes, which is why this album is generally best enjoyed as a complete piece more than anything. Every song does have something remarkable about it though, just occasionally not as much as they've set the standard for. A few guitar parts aren't as audible as I would like, lacking a little definition in the guitars, moreso on a few of the faster parts, but for the most part, Dragged Into Sunlight get their point across very well.

What does make up for it though is the absolute aggression, and the true coldness in the way the songs and sounds have been put together, and add on top of that some huge drum batterings and vicious vocals (along with some strange but interesting vocal sounds), we have something pretty special and rather unique.

All of that can be said before I even get to the closing 'proper' track, 'I, Aurora', a song I am already enamoured with after many a live and recorded listen. In this true champion of a song, we witness something beyond special, an absolute masterpiece that has literally everything all you fans of grim and extreme music need. Quite simply one of the best songs I've ever heard, any style, and if they can, for a follow up, put together a 3 or 4 song album to the standard of this, then there's no reason why they can't become a world respected band on the 'bigger' circuit.

Get this album, definitely go see them live and marvel at how good DIS are!"