DRAGONFLY

Lastactive

New Metal Member
Jan 23, 2010
Hey,

Recently, I've run across a power/prog metal band from Spain called Dragonfly. Their latest album Alma Irae had received really great reviews and so I thought I'd dig a bit deeper into who they are, but they had only stuff written in Spanish. I came across some American fans and they were saying the same, that something in English is needed. There is one now and in several languages too (English, Russian, Hungarian and Spanish).

www.realmofishtar.com

Anyway, I just want to say that these guys are amazing and I hope they get the attention they deserve. I read quite a few reviews of Alma Irae, but one from Metal Reviews (an American site!) really made me drop my jaw. It was really thorough and a blast! This is an excerpt from that review: "But as always with this band, what hits you the most is the turbo charged bridge followed by inhuman choruses ! This song [Angeles con una sola ala] is no exception, instead its a melodic explosion that opens the rift of time and space itself, and gives you a melodic orgasm. Its furiously fast, melodic, epic and lasts (one of the longest choruses I've ever heard) almost forever, after the first chorus its already time for a majestic solo on furious double bass drums, that then settles a bit so it can deliver a second version of that galactic slap that is this unbelievable chorus ! At the end of this song, I am drained and completely satisfied to be alive, and my only thought is that I have to start this album all over again, over and over til the end of times..."

All I personally can say is that, from not being a huge fan of that type of genre in the beginning, I am totally sold and would recommend it to everyone. Has anyone here heard of them before? Anyway, I hope you appreciate them too.

/Last...