Dragonforce-esque. Without the needless guitar wankery and repetitiveness.

False Joe

Who cares.
Oct 12, 2007
Sheep fucking land somewhere.
Being forced to listen to that Through the Fire and Flames (Because it's fun to play) they're growing on me.

But the one thing that annoys me is the fact that all their songs sound alike, and they waste about 4 minutes doing shitty guitar solos, that Accept can fit into 30 seconds of a 4 minute song and sound hella better.

May get shot down for that seeing as I'm asking for recommendations now like it but yeah:

Speed, same sort of vocals (European power-metal-esque vocals piss me off for some reason. Can listen to Helloween because of it) but without the overly long sounds, and with the songs actually sounding different.

So, similar in vocals and composition style, but shorter and less instrumental parts? That's pretty formulaic power metal. What other power metal bands do you like (other than the ones in your sig?). I take it you don't like bands like Freedom Call, Dark Moor, or Rhapsody, because of the Euro-vocals?

I'm not sure if I know where you're coming from, but I'd say:

-Kiuas (awesome power metal)
-Evergrey
-Falconer

Jag Panzer and Iced Earth as well, maybe? They don't really have the same musical style, but they're still power metal with different sounding vocals.

Without the solos? Misses the point of Dragonforce...
Uh...basically, you want really fast American power metal, I get...
Try Iced Earth...warning: They aren't very good.

true,true...love dragonforce, but not more then one day a month at a time...

Without the solos? Misses the point of Dragonforce...
Uh...basically, you want really fast American power metal, I get...
Try Iced Earth...warning: They aren't very good.

I'm with WeAreInFlames on this one. Iced Earth are either hit or miss for me, but they do have a few good songs (I think).

I'll still say Falconer, Kiuas and Evergrey, just because they have different vocal styles from the Euro guys. I actually think that ZP Theart sounds very similar to most Euro-power singers, but you said you like his vocals. He's not as whiny sometimes, but he has a VERY high range.

Yeah it is. It's my second favorite album by them. NoTSR in first and Something Wicked this way comes is in 3rd.

Shadow Warriors!

Ninja Punk Power Metal!!

It's a side project of ZP Theart and Sam Totman of Dragonforce.
EVIL NINJA FIGHT FOR BE FREEEEEEE!
warning: A lot of it is just old Dragonforce songs with a crappy drum machine and different lyrics...
FYP

Night of the Stormrider is probably their best album.
Really? Because I found that album completely ridiculous...
PUUUUUUURREEEE! Evil....PUUUUUUUUUREevil.

I also have Something Wicked. Most of the album is really mediocre and way too ballad-heavy, but the last three songs are genius. Sadly, the last 3 minutes are just fucking random chanting...right in the middle of a killer riff...

You obviously don't get the atmosphere they are trying to set. The problem I have with it is that they cut it off and don't fade.