Dragonforce on Guitar Hero 3.

Weird how you have to play the keyboard intro....

Yeah, I thought the same. I guess it's to keep it interesting throughout, otherwise you're just standing there waiting for your part.
I'll probably pick this game up for the PS3 or Wii. Not sure which one yet. Downloadable content will probably make the PS3 version better if you want to ad more songs but the Wii version is supposed to be cheaper because it uses the wiimote on the guitar.

Too bad they don't make a left-handed version :(
I think you can play the guitar left handed without a problem and mirror the keys in the game. One of the Sonata videos I saw had the keys mirrored and when someone brought it up another mentioned that it was switched for left handed play.

From that preview the song doesn't look TOOO hard... though the preview completely leaves out the solos. Looks fun as hell though :kickass:

And you can mirror the notes in the game for lefties.

I'm wondering if that is the final song, or if they've got something that pushes the envelope even further. I can't wait for GH3 and the Dragonforce track will be a highlight for sure. From what I saw of the youtube video, it looks playable, but if its not even showing the solos then who knows...

I'm also liking the new competition GH will have from Rock Band, which looks promising as well. Seems like the hot ticket by introducing new tracks every week.

I'm also liking the new competition GH will have from Rock Band, which looks promising as well. Seems like the hot ticket by introducing new tracks every week.

From what I've heard, you can play everything in that new game, and even do vocals. I've seen reviews where it actually is a substitute in a teacher for drums. I may want to pick that up myself.

As far as you people who're saying "Looks playable." Go to hell. :lol:

I'm a bit iffy on Rockband only because I imagine a great majority wanting to do the vocals or guitar and there not being enough bassists or drummers. So how they'll account for that will be interesting.

I had a feeling that Dragonforce would be in the series sooner or later (I actually had my bets on GH2, but oh well). Now that that's a reality I would love to see more stuff from our beloved genre (and not just Megadeth and Dio) show up...even in the ''more popular'' realm like Dream Theater or (heavens to Betsy!) Metallica.

There are already some Dragonforce songs hacked into existing GH games. If you look around, you can find all kinds of good power metal like Blind Guardian, etc.

Fuck. That. Shit. Is right on the money though.

To dig up an old thread....

I was just reading the review on GameSpot for Guitar Hero III. Overall a really positive review (Gave it an 8.0. I'll have to go pick this up for the Wii)

Anyway, I thought this was funny as hell what it said in regards to the DragonForce track:

GameSpot Review said:
And then there's that pesky song from extreme power metal group DragonForce, "Through the Fire and Flames." It sounds a little bit like a Dungeons & Dragons dork singing over a tape of the Contra soundtrack that's been thrown in a blender and set to "liquefy," and it is so excruciatingly, arthritis-inflictingly difficult that you'll be thanking your lucky stars it's a bonus song and not something you're required to complete to advance.

GH III is great. The bonus tracks were better on GHII but other than that a huge upgrade.

My friend can play the DF on lead(that intro is a real bitch) which leaves me only the slightly easier task of rhythem. I swear that song is a damn aerobic work out.

I've found that for the most part you can just pick at near-hyperspeed while fingering the notes as best you can, and you will be able to get through most of the song. The solos near 83% take some concentration, but once you get to those 3-note chords afterwards you're basically home-free. And yes, it most certainly is an aerobic workout!