DRAGONFORCE's HERMAN LI Is Working On His First Guitar Instructional Video

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
DRAGONFORCE guitarist Herman Li has revealed to Metal Shock Finland that he is working on his first guitar instructional video. "It's not gonna be the same that you've seen out there," he said. "The reason I'm doing it is because I think everyone has approached a bunch of subjects except these ones that I think are important." He continued: "All this is coming from touring around the world for years and playing guitar for years. It's not just about techniques and playing fast and playing notes — it's more like the theory involved to be a good guitar player. You know, you can teach people notes, but to create, you have to show them the path and inspire them [instead of] just saying, 'Oh, I can play this really fast here. You can just copy it. I'm gonna play it in the video.' I've been writing about it for a few years anyway, so it's been something I've been working on — writing notes on it. And so finally I have time to make it happen." Asked if his guitar instructional video will be made available online or through some other channel, Li responded: "I don't know yet still." Herman also confirmed that DRAGONFORCE does not have any more shows lined up after the band completes its current European headlining tour later this month. "That's it. The tour is over," he said. "We don't do these crazy, long tours like we used to do. I remember we used to do, like, three tours of America, at least two in the U.K. — do one at the beginning, do one at the end, and it's like never-ending. Now we just do one — if you miss it, you won't see it. Maybe you'll see it in three years' time or something. That's pretty much how we do it now." DRAGONFORCE is still touring in support of its latest album, "Reaching Into Infinity", which was released on May 19 via earMUSIC on CD, LP and a special-edition CD and DVD. The follow-up to 2014's "Maximum Overload" marks the band's third full-length studio release with singer Marc Hudson, who joined the group in 2011 following the departure of original frontman ZP Theart (now in SKID ROW). "Reaching Into Infinity" is DRAGONFORCE's first album to feature Gee Anzalone, the Italian drummer who has laid down an insanely impressive performance to provide the perfect backbone to the DRAGONFORCE sound, which, of course, still boasts the bands trademark crazy-fast solos, courtesy of Li and Sam Totman.

Continue reading...