Dream Theater DVD.

Sydo

Apr 13, 2001
I just got my Dream Theater DVD, Scenes From New York in the mail the other day from Utopia.

However after trying in vain to watch it, I've relised it's not the correct regional format. :mad: :mad:

Anyone know if an Australian region version has been released yet?

(ps. it is illegal to sell DVD/videos out of region. :eek: )

I got mine from utopia as well Sydo and its the wrong region as well (luckily my brother has a dvd player in his pc and I can watch it in that)

I know someone who has had their DVD player modified, so I'll be able to watch it on that.

I don't even own a DVD player. I gave the Dream Theater DVD and my Alice Cooper one to my brother-in-law to copy to VHS. He did the Alice one - but couldn't do Dream Theater. :(

I'm not too worried, but was a little pissed off because I was looking forward to watching it this afternoon. I have to wait a week or so now. :mad:

..nevermind:)

My understanding is that there were some quality control issues with all of the non-US region versions of the DVD, so that's why you can only find the US version.

If you have a decent PC, you could get a DVD player for it for about 150 bucks.

I have a region free version of the Dream Theater DVD (And it kicks ass)

I bought it from
www.amazon.co.uk

It was only $40 from them.
All the PAL DVD's had to be recalled because of an error in the sync between audio and visual.... so it will be hard to find, but I'm pretty sure amazon has it still.

It is without a doubt the bst music dvd/video I have ever seen.
Dream Theater are just mindblowing!!!!

Originally posted by Spruce Goose
It is without a doubt the bst music dvd/video I have ever seen.
Dream Theater are just mindblowing!!!!

That's good to hear! :D

Apparently the PAL version has just been re-released.

I got my copy of the DVD from CDNow but it is US coded. I have noted previously that the US version will not work in a world regioned DVD player - it is coded with a new version of the code that blocks it out of the world regioned players. I have a DVD player that allows me to choose the region code at will - therefore I can watch any DVD around.

BTW, the DT DVD kicks arse - esspecially the bonus tracks section.

Check out the fan section - extra footage from the concert is interpliced with the fan footage.