Dream Theater: New Album Cover Art

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
I'm getting a huge kick out of everyone arguing over this. It is absolutely hilarious - people are being so picky, extreme, etc. on both sides. Two really funny things though:

1) People getting picky about the length of the strings on the balls and drawing diagrams showing its inaccuracy

2) MP comparing it to classic album covers like Floyd, Zeppelin, Rush, and others.

:lol:

Haha, I agree it's hilarious. I've never seen so much analysis and dispute over an album cover! In addition to what you mentioned, I saw a lot of people complaining that the "black space at the bottom is too big."

I read that Hugh Syme, who did Rush artwork, also did the Octavarium art. So, I guess MP is somewhat justified in comparing it to some Rush covers. I'm more interested in what the music sounds like...and even MORE interested in Gigantour or an "evening with" tour.

RR1 Player said:
Haha, I agree it's hilarious. I've never seen so much analysis and dispute over an album cover! In addition to what you mentioned, I saw a lot of people complaining that the "black space at the bottom is too big."

I read that Hugh Syme, who did Rush artwork, also did the Octavarium art. So, I guess MP is somewhat justified in comparing it to some Rush covers. I'm more interested in what the music sounds like...and even MORE interested in Gigantour or an "evening with" tour.

I'm glad that I've completely avoided that whole issue. I don't post on any DT boards anymore so this the only place I've heard about it! I can't wait for the CD and tour either!

The new LaBrie is awesome though and will hold me for now!