Dream Theater/Queensryche/Fates Warning 7/24 Universal Ampitheater - who is going?

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
I am planning on flying out for this show (seeing they cancelled the Atlanta Date). Presale starts at 10 AM tomorrow (5/6), and if a few of us here are planning on going, I wouldn't mind being in the same group(s) of seats.

It would be helpful to know the super secret password - anyone here seen it on the relevant forums yet? (I'm checking the FW end after I add post)

Who here is planning on buying tickets?

Mr Toast said:
It would be helpful to know the super secret password - anyone here seen it on the relevant forums yet? (I'm checking the FW end after I add post)

Who here is planning on buying tickets?

TOAST DUDE!

Thanks for the heads up... has anyone found the pre-sale pass word?

If I find it I'll post it here... let's do this people! This will be a kill show!

On www.mikeportnoy.com in the forums, a guy called Ticketmaster - and according to him the presale is for those purchasing the tickets online only, and that the storefronts/etc. that are ticketmaster outlets would not have the tickets available until June. He didn't seem to think a password would be required, but I will keep digging and recommend that others do the same...

I'm going. I hope Queensryche don't play too much new stuff. When I saw them open for the real Maiden in 2000, I was glad that they only played 3 songs newer then Empire [their last good CD].

I'm thinking about going. I would like to find out who's closing the show. I can't stand Dream Theater so I don't want to be stuck sitting through them waiting for Queensryche. Going by the video ads at Universal Amphitheater on Saturday during the Blackest of the Black Tour, it looks like QR is headlining.

Hopefully the band is previewing new material off the next album. I'm looking forward to it since DeGarmo is officially back in the band.:Spin:

You're somewhere behind the soundboard.

Rumor has it that the show in San Diego has tickets going for $100+. If that's the cost of the tickets for this show, then I think my mind has been made up to NOT go, then. :yell: Considering I saw some fresh new talent and some established veterans for $35 just this weekend, I know there's better bargains elsewhere.

I'm thinking of hitting this -- it's on my birthday! But i haven't yet coffed up the cashola to pick up a ticket. I don't mind nosebleeds for this show, but it'd be good to see Chris DeGarmo back in action -- he *will* be on the US leg of the tour, wont he?? I heard he bailed on Europe due to scheduling difficulties. heh, that's the only reason I wanna go!

bassbitch said:
I'm thinking of hitting this -- it's on my birthday! But i haven't yet coffed up the cashola to pick up a ticket. I don't mind nosebleeds for this show, but it'd be good to see Chris DeGarmo back in action -- he *will* be on the US leg of the tour, wont he?? I heard he bailed on Europe due to scheduling difficulties. heh, that's the only reason I wanna go!
I tried to get one during the internet presale... but I got the password 2 hours too late to get a good seat. I got lucky on Friday... and got a kick ass seat (Orc 7 DD).

This happened to me for the Tori Amos show. I got the password early and got a nose bleed seat, the day of the show they had better seats available! That's OK cause I moved by the security like a Jeti Knight and got so close to Tori that I almost scared her. I really have to stop stalking her.

If you buy a single ticket you might get lucky... I think that's what happened in my case.

I read on Blabbermouth that DeGarmo is not doing the US tour. Turns out he never really agreed to do it. (I smell scam) He can't take the time off from work... he's a pilot now?

You should go Mel... we'll be up there to wish you a Happy B'Day.

bassbitch said:

Hate to tell you Mel, but DeGarmo is out of the band. I think they shant work together again. :erk:

alanbirdsell said:
Hate to tell you Mel, but DeGarmo is out of the band. I think they shant work together again. :erk:

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Queensryche just hasn't been Queensryche without DeGarmo. You can't just lose a muse and expect to recover. Hear in the Now Frontier was so awful i never even bothered to pick up Q2K. I remember getting lawn seats for Queensryche headlining Irvine Meadows for the Hear... tour, and the show was so poorly attended that everyone was automatically upgraded two sections. It was pretty sad.

I thought they were okay when they opened for Maiden, but I didn't really pay too much attention. But at least they had an audience. And they'll get an audience for this tour cos Dream Theatre and Fates Warning are on the bill.

Oh well. I may still go, but I'm not rushing to the local Ticketbastard anytime soon...

The short version is I guess DeGarmo wanted some material on Tribe and Geoff said, "Nope," and Degarmo walked. Another version has Tate booting DeGarmo over said incident. Chris is supposed to have penned three tracks for tribe.

The 2nd guitar player is the same one that was atteh New Years eve show in AK. Mike Stone (if I remember the name right) who supposedly penned some stuff with Maiden, you guys can help me on that. He joins as a "hired gun" rather than a permanent player, because Kelly Gray turned out to be such a fiasco.

Most of us EMPYRE guys are going, plus we are giving away 2 tickets for the show to. It is unfortunate that DeGarmo and crew could not find even ground to make it work cause it really is not the same without him, but that's how it goes. I heard there were some other "issues" as to why he cancelled the European tour and subsequent US leg, but the only ones who really know are Chris and QR.

But, you guys always have EMPYRE to satisfy you with QR songs that QR wont play anymore! We have been working on a few new tunes to...

OK, EMPYRE plug now over.... :cool: