DREGEN Exits MICHAEL MONROE's Band To Focus On Solo Career, BACKYARD BABIES

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Swedish guitarist/vocalist Dregen (real name: Andreas Tyrone Svensson) has announced his departure from former HANOI ROCKS singer Michael Monroe's solo band to focus on a solo career. Dregen has played guitar in Michael Monroe's live band since the summer of 2011, and he also played on the band's latest album, "Horns and Halos". Replacing him is British guitarist Rich Jones (THE GINGER WILDHEART BAND, THE BLACK HALOS), who first appeared with Monroe on tour last autumn."Luckily, Rich, who has done an excellent job as Dregen's substitute, has gelled into the band's chemistry so well that the rest of the band welcomes him with open arms as a permanent member. And so the saga continues," says Michael Monroe.Dregen's solo band will appear as Michael Monroe's opening act on their gigs in Finland at Pakkahuone (Tampere), Tavastia (Helsinki), Kaivohuone (Naantali) and M/S Viking Grace in April and May."It's been three amazing years in the Michael Monroe band and I've been enjoying every second of it!" says Dregen. "I'm gonna miss this band so much, but it's time for me to focus on my solo career and future BACKYARD BABIES albums. I hope that I contributed positive energy, great live shows, riffs, dirt, and songs on [Monroe's latest album] 'Horns And Halos' that gave Michael Monroe an extra dimension after 'Sensory Overdrive'. This band is so good so they'll be fine without me. "I'll be supporting Michael Monroe with my solo band in April and May. What a great package! What a great show! What a great ending!""Dregen and his band opening up for Michael Monroe is a nice send-off and a special treat for the fans," adds Michael Monroe.Dregen released his self-titled debut solo album on September 25, 2013 via Universal Music in Sweden. The CD was issued via Spinefarm Records in the U.K. on September 30, 2013."Horns And Halos" was certified gold in Finland for sales in excess of 10,000 copies within the first week of the CD's release. Released on August 27, 2013 via Spinefarm Records, the CD is the follow-up to the 2011 critically acclaimed "Sensory Overdrive", winner of Classic Rock magazine's "Album Of The Year" and a No. 1 record in Monroe's Finnish homeland.

More...