Drizzt Do'Urden and The Dark Elf Trilogy

Ayeka

Hell Bent For Leather!
Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure what the official name for these books are, but...has anyone else checked out these mighty books starring the bizarrely named Drizzt? I'm about 150 pages through this 800 page trilogy and I'm fucking loving it. This and Lord Of The Rings is the only fantasy literature I've touched since I started reading again (used to eat James Herbert for breakfast...) but it's a great wakeup call.

In case anyone ain't clued up, the book's about this guy who lives in a society where everyone is brought up and encouraged to be crooked. Lots of backstabbing, deceit, murder, genocide, infanticide, and bitchiness. Drizzt and his daddy are the only people who've sussed that this ain't cool, and there's a lot of cunning required to keep one's head above water. Suffice to say the story and its plot-twists are gripping (the newborn Drizzt is due to be sacrificed at the very start of the book, but is inadvertantly saved by his older brother murdering his eldest brother in the middle of a battle. How's the for spoiler?!), and these are such compelling characters. I thoroughly recommend it! :D

I have read the Dark Elf Trilogy, and I think that the books are great. I love the story, and some of the characters are quite inspiring :)
Yeah, I too will recommend this trilogy, but It's nothing like Lord of the Rings though..
I think The Lord of the Rings trilogy is the best book trilogy ever..
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien is and will always be the King within the fantasy genre :D

NP: Dreamtale - Dreamland :headbang:

Which reminds me, The Two Towers filmy is out end of this year! That is going to be MOST triumphant!

Do the Dark Elf Trilogy books have individual names? I'd've thought they would but my copy don't mention none. And I'm informed there's like three trilogies... ^_^