Drop A brutal death metal...

This sounds fucking epic. Tone is a little on the harsh side, but I get the impression that that was what you were going for. What toms are they and what sorts of processing did you do to them? They especially sound amazing.

Guitars sounds cool , maybe a little overgained but im not sure, there is some kind of harshness, but maybe thats the tone you are after (Like Nile ). Kick and Snare are way to quiet, bring em up a couple of db`s.
Great guitar man , i played the E-FR-140GT once and it sounded and played great.

Awesome,
Raise the kick and snare a bit? And the tone is quite harsh maybe removing some of those sharp edges will do, just a little.

Yeah, i agree, it's clip city. Guitars could use some more mids/less extreme hi-end... perhaps lower your top end rolloff a bit?

Snare is nicely randomized. Kick can come up a bit... it's a little too scooped IMO.

D'oh!! Forgot I posted this here... Thanks for listening everyone!

This sounds fucking epic. Tone is a little on the harsh side, but I get the impression that that was what you were going for. What toms are they and what sorts of processing did you do to them? They especially sound amazing.

Thanks! Its Metal Toms 1-4 layered with the standard Superior 2.0 toms, and Fat Tom 3 pitched down a bit for the last floor tom. ReaEQ and ReaComp doing parallel compression across the tom bus.

Guitars sounds cool , maybe a little overgained but im not sure, there is some kind of harshness, but maybe thats the tone you are after (Like Nile ). Kick and Snare are way to quiet, bring em up a couple of db`s.
Great guitar man , i played the E-FR-140GT once and it sounded and played great.

Thanks man! Yeah the tone is quite a bit harsh... It's hard to find a balance when you're tuning this low.

Matt,

Could I have a try at mixing this? :)

Sure thing, I'll render stems tonight :)

Yeah, i agree, it's clip city. Guitars could use some more mids/less extreme hi-end... perhaps lower your top end rolloff a bit?

Snare is nicely randomized. Kick can come up a bit... it's a little too scooped IMO.

Thanks! I'll work with that.

First of all: The song is fucking awesome.

Mix and tones are a little weird though. The bass has some really off-putting clippity clip-clip on the accent of the notes. It sounds like really intense plectrum noise. I'd probably throw a transient designer on the bass and reduce the attack ever so slightly, and EQ it a little too.

The guitar tone I quite like, although I'd have a gentle rolloff on there to tame some of the high-end.

I'd quite like to give it a go at a mix too - maybe stems and midi for the drums?? :)