drugs and music....

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
What do you think about the relationship between drugs and music???
I found these lines about Mattias on the Subdive site:
”Cryptan (Mr. Norrman's nick-name) is the only teetotaller in the band. He has never been drunk. Instead he uses heroine. Cryptan smoked his first holk (swedish for joint) at the age of seven and has been addicted ever since. Instead of getting cash for all the records Subdive sells, he gets payed in drugs.”
I hope they are ironical, do you think is it true?
I have nothing against people who sometimes smoke a joint or get drunk, but when it becomes a form of addiction…well that´s a sign of weakness and it is self-destructive as well…
I

Self destructive and weakness?
Uh! Don't you think that this life with full of technology,lies and forgery.Everyone has a mask (not a mask a lot of masks) .We use the mask which one must be used in the neighbourhood and one for lover one for family one for school friends one for strangers.
Is not it the real weakness we need to use it forever every second in our life.Drugger uses joint every week or every day just once.I am not a drugger but joint makes you a little bit better.Being in a dream(is this really matters being in a illusionary world or in a non-existing world).Did you ever smoke it?We need to solve other problems first which are more important than using drugs.

PS:We need computers.We need factories.We need to exploit.We need to kill for pleasure.

We need to solve other problems first which are more important than using drugs.

I don't think that hard drugs isn't a big problem. The market of drugs feeds criminality, and there are many people who ruined their lives and those of their families just because of their drugs-addiction. Many of them are forced to commit crimes to have their dose of drug because they can't cope with life without taking an artificial help.
I like getting drunk sometimes and I tried one or two joints too, but i don't need these things to be happy, I can count on my own strenghts if have a problem.
And the best drugs I know are Music and Beauty, at least they don't destroy your body!

Originally posted by ether
What do you think about the relationship between drugs and music???
I found these lines about Mattias on the Subdive site:
”Cryptan (Mr. Norrman's nick-name) is the only teetotaller in the band. He has never been drunk. Instead he uses heroine. Cryptan smoked his first holk (swedish for joint) at the age of seven and has been addicted ever since. Instead of getting cash for all the records Subdive sells, he gets payed in drugs.”
I hope they are ironical, do you think is it true?
I

They are ironical.. %100 ironical...

Originally posted by Wanderer

I can see the realities Madam!
And you don't need oppose me every time!
Your lovely World is not a Fact!
Open your eyes!
You are talkin' like 5 year old girls!
(uh and i am talkin' like 16 year old boyz eh)

We have to kill for pleasure - that's your reality? We don't NEED anything except food (and no, not fish), water, shelter, and a little intellectual stimulation. We've created a false "need" for technology and all its off-shoots.

Of course I don't NEED to oppose everything you say. But when you spout twisted "facts" like we "need to exploit" and we "need to kill for pleasure" I'm not going to sit back and let such preposterous claims go unchallenged.

I have never claimed that my "World is Fact." But neither is yours. It's merely your perception, and a disturbing one at that.

Originally posted by Wanderer
I am not a drugger but joint makes you a little bit better.Being in a dream(is this really matters being in a illusionary world or in a non-existing world).Did you ever smoke it?We need to solve other problems first which are more important than using drugs.

PS:We need computers.We need factories.We need to exploit.We need to kill for pleasure.

im 100% with you on the masks subject, and im not understanding if the issue is heroin (that's bad REALLY FUCKING BAD) or joints. Well getting drunk or smoking a joint every now and then its ok, it lifts your moral and stuff... but when you start needing it to fucking feel better its so stupid...pathetic. I know a guy and he is a pothead, its a bit sad really, he speaks me about the way he needs to buy every week to feel better. Pot and alchool its pretty much the same but when you start to abuse it then you have a problem.

its my opinion.

I gotta say that the mask thing is true to an extent. A lot of people create a mask they can hide behind for people around them, but unfortunately that takes it's toll on you. People can go out and pretend they are the strongest, most calm and confident person alive but then they get home and they drop the mask they have their own weaknesses. . some people compensate for that by escaping into their own worlds, be it drug-induced hazes, alcholism, eating disorders etc. And those things give them the confidence or escape they need to make it through the day, but ultimately dependence on something in that way can be exceptionally damaging physically and spiritually and it can become an addiction.

But that's just my opinion.