Drumagog sounds to fake

heavenshell

Jul 26, 2006
Hey guys i just got drumagog pro and im using it to sample over my snare right now .. and im using a audio signal not triggers to pre and reacording the blips which i plan on doing but it could be just the way drumagog is but im kind of on downers cuz it kinda does sound fake not the samples liek it miss triggers on blast beats teh dynamics are off i dunno what to do any body have teh same problem.

Andrew

Trying using more samples, like 6 per drum or so maybe. I don't use that many on the kick but on the toms it helps a lot. Also don't try and blend in the samples 100%, use as little as you can get away with as long as you have a killer drum track that is very consistent. Even if you have to use a lot of sample though, people are used to hearing it so as long as you have some live OH and rooms mics, I think you can get away with a lot.

With drumagog you have the potential to get some of the most realistic triggered drum sounds available. Keep tweaking the settings. I'd say if it's sounding unrealistic the problems lie within the sample bank and the way you've set the parameters up.

The title of this thread just makes me crack up. I don't know why.

~e.a

When it mistriggers I usually chop the track and process a bit at a time, with different sittings.

The problem for me is that even when I process the track drumagog gives me some ms latency, and it varies from time to time. So I have to move back a few ms.

I also have latency problem with drumagog after I re-installed my computer.
I have no clue why. But what actually helps is just to put the snare of bass or tom whatever and export that single track en the import it so you have the drumagog sample but it's not using drumagog anymore. That actually helps for me and saves a lot of cpu!

Yes, I always process drumagog offline, in a destructive fashion. The way I see it is that you have to commit to what sound you want. Imprinting it straight on the track gives you less hassles later on... latency issues, CPU spikes, mis-triggers etc.

That's exacytly what I do, but when the track is processed and I compare it to the Original track (I trig a copy of the original) I see that it has moved a few ms. It's not a big problem since I can zoom in and align it to the origial, but it's annoying and take extra time...

Polpotkin said:
That's exacytly what I do, but when the track is processed and I compare it to the Original track (I trig a copy of the original) I see that it has moved a few ms. It's not a big problem since I can zoom in and align it to the origial, but it's annoying and take extra time...

What software host are you using. A lot of modern ones have latency compinsations lik SONAR.

Polpotkin said:
Cubase SX 1 :erk:

Hmmm....I am not sure if it has it or not. Maybe someone else will know. But from the sounds of you describecd and the fact that you are dealing with an older version I am guessing that is the case.