Drumkits, and the art of not pissing off neighbours!

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Hey all!

Now despite my username, I'm not strictly a drummer. I can play drums, but I only have a TD6 in my bedroom, a copy of BFD2 with various expansion packs, and Superior 2.0 and Metal Foundry expansion pack. These do me pretty well for recording my ideas down, and getting half-decent drum-tracks.

But this electronic kit SUXXORZ... like... not just kinda lame, but really really poo. Borrowed it from my drummer in my band. I could do with replacing it.

I'm wondering whether I could get away with a real drumkit + triggers, or whether I should take a look at some of the better electronic kits out there. What you reckon?

chances are your going to be triggering off the real drums because your going to buy a cheap kit and its going to not sound that amazing. if your willing to fork out on a pearl master series or something well fair enough using mics.

although theres nothing like having a real kit there

TD-6 isn´t a bad kit. The pads from Roland drums doesn´t change that much between kits (the only real difference is the hihat on the incredibly expensive ones, like TD-20). So I guess that if you despite the TD-6 you proably won´t like any other ekit and you should start looking for real drumkit + triggers.

It just doesn't seem sensitive enough. The TD-20 hi-hat isn't very good in my experience; much prefer the hihat pad+expression pedal combo. Maybe I should try replacing the brain then? I want to change the velocity curve, but the TD6 doesn't allow you to do that.