Dryad´s Tree "Comfort in Silence"

darGlaven

New Metal Member
Aug 23, 2007
=)

here a nice review from http://www.metal-archives.com

"Best newcomer of 2007 - 99%
Written by Frostwake on July 28th, 2007

I am giving this album 99% because the clean vocals could be better, but thats nitpicking actually.

First off, this album has huge variation and grows on you with each listen, simply because not only are the songs very long, but they have lots of details here and there worth listening again and again. Thought I doubt anyone would not like it, since it's very catchy even on first listen!

For an overall impression, this band has a similar sound to Opeth, Maitreya, Newbreed and such bands, basically "proggy metal with extreme vocals here and there", so if you enjoy those bands, this one is a winner.

Now, I really have to mention some tracks as they are all so unique. The opener is pretty good to show us what to expect, but doesn't tell half the story. It's when "In these moments" kicks in you know this band is something special. That's because not only is the second song a fully acoustic one, it is absolutely brilliant. I tend to get bored of fully acoustic songs, so that's saying alot.

Next up is my favorite song on album, "Captured in perplexity", a song that is probably the most "acessible" of them all, carrying a catchy, dark, epic chorus (and this is one of the moments where I think the vocals dont match the brilliance of the instrumental). At about 5 mins that chorus switchs to a higher key and a great guitar solo comes in going on for about 2 mins until it fades away to the same melody done by acoustic guitar. Amazing.

Disdream is probably the most varied, having some prog elements and a long acoustic part (with a nice solo on top of it). Another mention goes to "Clouded emotions" which carries a heavy emotional charge through a clean guitar + piano melody throughout most of the song, leading up to a very floydish moment (perfectly done, again).

With a lot of great new bands coming up this year, Dryad's Tree certainly ranks among the top. A must have!"

Visit us at www.dryadstree.de

cheers

Florian