DT do it for the money?!?

Schwedentod said:
@Villain: May be a bad Headline for this Thread, that's right! But I'm a true DT-Fan, so I wondered about what this guy was talking about yesterday... I really couldn't believe it so I thought it might be a good idea to talk to you guys about all this... Sorry for any circumstances...
No need to be sorry, I didn't find your comments or this topic harmful at all - I just expressed my resentment against that accusation, which wasn't even yours to begin with. So don't worry. :)

And this topic wasn't so bad to discuss about, in the end.

-Villain (also very interested in the DT-albums sales figures - somewhere I heard that DD has sold many times the amount of the their previous albums outside of Europe, but I'd like to have the exact numbers)

I'm very happy that this forum allow band rumors to go freely without the moderator closing/locking threads down.

For those who think Rahvin is a forum Nazi moderator... think otherwise. :)

I agree with alot of what you guys say here...it makes alot of sense...but personally I wouldn't care if they did it for the money or not...as long as they are content with their output and are enjoying themselves..
Hmmm...who doesn't like *money? And who wouldn't want to earn more *money?
But putting that aside...I honestly don't think they are in this for the money or whatever...they just love making music and want to share it with everyone else..and maybe provide something that other people can relate to...you can even tell this from the amount of emotions and energy they put into their music...especially when playing live too...Anyhow it's not easy choosing a label either...they have to consider touring, promotion etc. and search for the best deal possible. So whether NB thinks they want too much money (or they aren't worth that much to invest on...fuck that!), that doesn't bother me at all...cause I think they deserve it!

Cheers!

Eh, others have covered it..

They're not in it for the money. They're in it for uh, the misery and doom, or something. Yeah.

OMG :-o
*reads thread*
DT is NOT tr00!
u___u,,,

They should be making m00sic cos, cos cos cos .. Just for the m00sic itself, to make other people depressed and tr00 too!! :cry:
How could they? Just for something st00pid like money!

*head hangs in misery*

[/Complete post in thick sarcasm] :rolleyes:
Ooooooooooooooops, just like this complete thread! :-o
What a ..coincidence :loco:

Sweet little naive boy Swedendead,
pet.gif

..and
Have a koekje too ;)

An aspect which hasn´t been mentioned yet is, that the money earned in case of many bands needs to be enough to make them survive the rest of their life. And a lot of bands are popular/existing for maybe 5-10 years, so this money needs to feed them until they are 90 years old. Of course there are also a lot of bandmembers which have real jobs, too, like Niklas did with Cabin Fever Media, but still this is not always the case; and it might not always be easy after a live as musician to start a new career when you are maybe 35 to let´s say 45. Some guys go into the producing field then, or something else with music; but of course it is nice to know you can earn enough from the profession that is number one in your life.

Furthermore, there are people who are really happy with a good record deal that allows them to leave their dayjob behind and being able to fully concentrate on the music, and not being restricted to compose on weekends and in the evening, and taking holidays for going on tour or record an album.
So it´s totally understandable that, provided you are given artistical freedom and good surrounding conditions (tours etc) you would take the deal that gives you more money.