DT's mini-tour in Finland

TheFourthHorseman

In The Twilight World
Jan 7, 2003
Finland
Just wondering, will DT finally do a proper headliner set? Never saw them at festivals and support or co-headliner gigs never seemed worth it. Would be cool to hear some less often heard songs as well, maybe Still Moving Sinews, Nether Novas, At Loss for Words, The New Build, that sort of stuff?
It'll be great to finally see them regardless.

Just wondering, will DT finally do a proper headliner set? Never saw them at festivals and support or co-headliner gigs never seemed worth it. Would be cool to hear some less often heard songs as well, maybe Still Moving Sinews, Nether Novas, At Loss for Words, The New Build, that sort of stuff?
It'll be great to finally see them regardless.
I think this will be a headliner tour - the tickets are already on sale and the venues' sites are saying DT only.. I'm going to see them in Tavastia or Lutakko.. I'm a bit dissapointed that Teatria didn't do their job again, so I must travel yet again to see DT.. :Smug: But what comforts me is that the Jurassic Rock performance last summer made the trip worthwhile - actually it made my summer! :heh:

As for the setlist, I really don't care.. I'm just very excited to get to see them again.. :D Oh but Lethe and Inside the Particle Storm would be tremendous as they didn't play those on the gigs I've seen, and as far as I know The New Build has been a vital part of their set since the release of Character - in the last few setlists I've come across it's the closing song :headbang:

Yeah well the older shit is what I'm rather wishing for, the songs they're playing from Character and Fiction lately suit me just fine. Something from Skydancer would be awesome too, Crimson Winds, Nightfall or Alone.
But as you said, whatever they play, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

April 18 - Mikkeli, Finland @ Vaakuna
April 20 - Helsinki, Finland @ Tavastia
April 21 - Turku, Finland @ Klubi
April 22 - Jyväskylä, Finland @ Lutakko
Yep the closest one to me is 340 kilometers away and on a Tuesday :Smug: I will definately see them even if they won't play in my living room, but I did manage to contact the local promoter and his secretive response gave me the chills a bit; "This tour won't reach Oulu due to a good reason, info of which will be revealed soonishly" o_O

Yep, I'll be there, although I don't know yet what date(s) exactly. I actually hope I can see them more than once on this tour.

I also see this date mentioned:
April 19: Seinäjoki, Rytmikorjaamo

It's on the DT site, under Touring Agenda.

-Villain

Which gig(s) do you think you'll be at? I'll most likely only see them at Mikkeli, probably have to work on Monday so Helsinki is out of the question.

Yep, I'll be there, although I don't know yet what date(s) exactly. I actually hope I can see them more than once on this tour.

I also see this date mentioned:
April 19: Seinäjoki, Rytmikorjaamo

It's on the DT site, under Touring Agenda.

-Villain
Yeah that's a new indoor festival, Firebox Metal Fest.. It looks like I'll be seeing them at Seinäjoki, a Saturday suites a student's calendar more appropriately than a Tuesday evening.. :heh: I really wish I could see them more than once on this tour but my financial status is a bit uncooperating :Smug:

Which gig(s) do you think you'll be at? I'll most likely only see them at Mikkeli, probably have to work on Monday so Helsinki is out of the question.

I'm not sure yet, but I'm making some plans with a couple of friends right now. Mikkeli is certainly a possibility, but would require a hotel. I believe I can free all those dates, but my friends apparently can't.

I should be much wiser about this within a week or so.

-Villain

Oh that's great, my friend's brother is probably still living there too but I might just as well come to your place. Dunno, but we'll see at the gig at least.

So, having already bought the ticket I'll be seeing them at Seinäjoki with a friend of mine but seems like in the summer as well 'cause they've been confirmed to perform in my hometown at the Qstock festival :Smokin:

Huh! It was quite a gig yesterday; I've never seen the band performing so close to us - I could've literally grabbed Mikael from the balls any time during the show. The venue was very small and quite unsuited for metal-concerts, but the extremely intimate atmosphere felt great. The set was pretty much the longest they've ever played, and both the band-members and all of us in the audience were dead-tired afterwards.

The setlist, not in order, and from the top of my head:
Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)
The Lesser Faith
The Treason Wall
The Wonders at Your Feet
Hedon
The Endless Feed
Blind at Heart
Damage Done
Inside the Particle Storm
Lost to Apathy
Punish My Heaven
Misery's Crown
Final Resistance
ThereIn
Focus Shift
My Negation
Lethe
The New Build

Could be a mistake or two there, but for the most part I think that's quite correct.

We were there with Naku, Horseman and a couple of old friends from my hometown and had a blast. Me and one friend will move on to see them tomorrow in Helsinki, but for today we shall just rest.

-Villain

Think Villain is pretty correct with the setlist.
It was devastatingly awesome indeed. I've never been so damn spent after a gig, I could barely stand and my voice was shot. Maybe next time I'll drink less beer/booze before planning to headbang for 1 ½ hours.
Great trip, had a great time all the way through. Was great meeting Hannu again and Ville and his friends were really good company too. Was nice to talk a bit to Niklas and Michael too.

Crimson Winds or something else from Skydancer/Of Chaos next time right? I can always hope.

Is the girl/woman from Japan going to all the Finnish shows then? Only seeing them in Mikkeli wouldn't make any sense at least. :p

Nice shirts for sale btw, the tour shirt is great.

Yay, DT did good in Seinäjoki aswell. Screaming my lungs out at the frontrow along with the lyrics made me sweat like a little pig.. It was a blast to hear Hedon, Inside the Particle Storm, Damage Done, ThereIn and Lethe for the first time in a DT concert.. :Smokin: Plus had some intimate moments with Mikael (sang parts of Lethe helding hands ;)) I'm still hyping over my purchased DT flask which is one of the coolest ones I've ever encountered

Setlist is as follows (99% accurate I'd say):

Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)
The Lesser Faith
The Treason Wall
Lost to Apathy
Hedon
The Wonders at Your Feet
Inside the Particle Storm
Focus Shift
Misery’s Crown
Punish My Heaven
Damage Done
ThereIn
Blind at Heart
My Negation
Final Resistance
Lethe
The New Build

Oh can't wait to see you guys again in the summer!

I could've literally grabbed Mikael from the balls any time during the show.
homosexuality!

"Scars torn open
Bondage slave
Eating my wrists

A thrust that numbs the pain
Secondary now the instinct
Thrust beyond control "

I don't think he minds being submissive and homosexual that much. So next time just grab and squeeze.

Now playing: Feast of Burden