Dual or Triple?

WesNyle269

Oct 10, 2008
Niles, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Ok, so I just bought my Triple Rectifier, I LOVE IT!!! BUT, since I dont gig, play shows, or am in a band. Do I NEED a triple? Is it just LOUDER then the Dual? Cause I found a used Dual at a Local shop for $1000, I paid $2000 for the Triple. lol. I just didnt know if there was a major difference.

There's not a lot of audible volume difference. You mainly get more headroom....which is why the Triple is usually considered "tighter"....but if you're not playing in a band, it makes it tough to justify the extra grand. Maybe keep it and get a Hotplate in hopes of a band in the future?

Maybe keep it and get a Hotplate in hopes of a band in the future?

Yeah but those are a little expensive.... I am not sure weather to keep the Triple though. Cause I am almost pretty sure im not going to be playing Guitar in a band ANYTIME soon. With the job, wife, house, etc, no time for THAT kind of commitment.... sadly! But you never know. I am mostly using it to record. Does the Dual sound better at lower volumes? Because I get the Triple at like a 3-4 and DAMN! My neighbors are getting shitty lol. Like I said I LOVE this thing, but an extra grand BACK would be amazing lol. I just dont want to get the Dual and be like FML! Maybe even get the 6505 in place, Not sure.