Dublin recommendations

innuenDO

Pottwahl
Jan 3, 2007
Far Beyond the Sun
Hey, I'll be in Dublin from the the 29th of September to the 5th October. I'm going with my English class which is full of idiots. Do have any recommendation where i can find a decent pub with rock/metal/irish folk bands performing live or any other good bars?

thanks

As Turbo said, it's gonna be expensive, but I assure you it's gonna be worth it. First big direction, Temple Bar. Not for every day, but it's a nice place and there are loads of nice pubs. Near Hard Rock Café there's one painted in light green where they usually do live music afaik. Also, do not go into Hard Rock Café. If everything's expensive, there even more, and the staff, I'm sorry if I ofend someone from there, but they're assholes. On O'Conell street (you'll easily notice it, it has a huge spire in the middle, if you go not towards the river but towards the other end, there are also a couple of really nice pubs. Anyway, you'll find nice places all over Dublin, is a great city, you'll enjoy it. Also, if you can, I recomment checking out a hurling or gaelic football match, they're great and beeing at Croke Park is a nice thing too.

Loads of decent pubs in Dublin, but beware, its very very expensive.
You're looking at 5 euros a beer.

Fuck. And in the supermarkets?

As Turbo said, it's gonna be expensive, but I assure you it's gonna be worth it. First big direction, Temple Bar. Not for every day, but it's a nice place and there are loads of nice pubs. Near Hard Rock Café there's one painted in light green where they usually do live music afaik. Also, do not go into Hard Rock Café. If everything's expensive, there even more, and the staff, I'm sorry if I ofend someone from there, but they're assholes. On O'Conell street (you'll easily notice it, it has a huge spire in the middle, if you go not towards the river but towards the other end, there are also a couple of really nice pubs. Anyway, you'll find nice places all over Dublin, is a great city, you'll enjoy it. Also, if you can, I recomment checking out a hurling or gaelic football match, they're great and beeing at Croke Park is a nice thing too.

Thanks for the input - Sounds nice. our hostel is right in the middle of Temple Bar. How are the people there? Is it easy to get in a brawl?

Thanks for the input - Sounds nice. our hostel is right in the middle of Temple Bar. How are the people there? Is it easy to get in a brawl?

Well, if you want to I guess, but it's not like they're going to instantly look for you and try to get you into it. If you just go and hang out and don't piss anyone off you should be fine, like everywhere else.

Stay off the drunker folks and don't call anyone "english" and you should be fine :)

I just came home: It was pretty cool even though the green bar (something with gogarty in the name) was for the age of 21 and higher only. Thanks for all the advices!

The Irish guys were pretty cool. The girls wore jogging hoses in the morning and really slutty clothes in the evening - awesome.

I don't have any pics yet I get them soon. I'm not whether there are any of them worth showing here.