DUFF MCKAGAN And KRIST NOVOSELIC Join Forces For Accordion-And-Bass Cover Of 'Sweet C

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan was joined by ex-NIRVANA member Krist Novoselic for an accordion-and-bass cover version of GN'R's "Sweet Child O' Mine". The jam session took place Sunday night (May 17) at Seattle's Neptune Theatre, where McKagan celebrated the release of his second book, "How To Be A Man (And Other Illusions)". Also attending the event was PEARL JAM guitarist Mike McCready.In a 2012 interview with Seattle Weekly, Novoselic said: "I've actually been playing a lot of accordion. I'm obsessed with it. It's really crazy. I don't know what the hell happened to me. I just picked one up one day, and have had to play it every day, all the time. It's an obsession. But I guess there's a lot worse obsessions. "Asked if he feels he is an accordion virtuoso, Krist told SPIN magazine: "Actually, I'm bustin' out some tunes, you know? I play covers and I have my own tunes. I played the accordion on FOO FIGHTERS. I recorded some the day before yesterday with this dude from L.A., we did it over the Internet, and he was happy with it. Dale Crover's on drums, so there's a MELVINS connection. But maybe I'll talk to Dale and Buzz and maybe they'll need some accordion on the next MELVINS record. They'll probably do it, you know how they're so eclectic.""How To Be A Man (And Other Illusions)" is the follow-up to Duff's critically acclaimed New York Times bestselling memoir, "It's So Easy (And Other Lies)". In "How To Be A Man", McKagan shares the wisdom he gained on the path to superstardom — from his time with GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER to getting sober after a life of hard living to achieving his personal American Dream of marrying a supermodel, raising a family and experiencing what it's like to be winked at by Prince.

More...