duncan's songs on anathema gigs. never again?

that's right. angelica: music by daniel. dying wish : music by duncan and daniel. ok, so we'll never hear empty, alternative 4, eternity (all parts), far away, on anathema again... :-( pity. btw, who wrote 666? (i don't remember, sorry)

Horrible :ill:
From Dunc's point of view, I understand, cos he wants to play them with Antimatter. But after all, they ARE on the Anathema cd's, so for the fans I think it would be the best if both bands kept playing song like Empty.
Oh and for Sleepless, I thought Darren wrote it (or at least the lyrics)

i thought all songs from serenades had been written by daniel (music) and darren (lyrics).

i agree with cerulean, songs that are on anathema cds should be played by anathema. it's natural.

Cerulean said:
Horrible :ill:
From Dunc's point of view, I understand, cos he wants to play them with Antimatter. But after all, they ARE on the Anathema cd's, so for the fans I think it would be the best if both bands kept playing song like Empty.
Oh and for Sleepless, I thought Darren wrote it (or at least the lyrics)
yeah, but:

Max is still doing Sepultura songs, di'Anno Iron Maiden (2 words :mad: ) songs, (even when he havent co-write them), Ozzy did (still do) Black Sabbath, Waters did Pink Floyd songs when Pink Floyd was ressurected without him (berlin 1990, the wall concert. I'm right, not?)

Yeah I'm not saying it is wrong, but in these cases, Sepultura plays the same songs as Soulfly (Roots Bloody Roots, Chaos AD), and if I'm not mistaken, Waters has been doing Pink Floyd songs ALL the time in his solo tours. I don't think that's a negative thing, but both the band and songwriter own the rights to play it I think.

Cerulean said:
Yeah I'm not saying it is wrong, but in these cases, Sepultura plays the same songs as Soulfly (Roots Bloody Roots, Chaos AD), and if I'm not mistaken, Waters has been doing Pink Floyd songs ALL the time in his solo tours. I don't think that's a negative thing, but both the band and songwriter own the rights to play it I think.

especially as antimatter's versions are different, acoustic ones...

Cerulean said:
Anyway, I'm sure Dunc and Danny have talked about this so if they have a deal I don't think our opinion still matters

unfotunatelly i must admit you're right :ill:

It' a pity,but I don't see the use to whine about it. It's their descision. Anyway, you can still check out the Antimatter versions live.

Besides that, with the new album coming up, I think there will be plenty of songs Anathema can choose from to make their gigs unforgetable.

Cerulean said:

you thieving bastard

Judge gsz said:
Besides that, with the new album coming up, I think there will be plenty of songs Anathema can choose from to make their gigs unforgetable.

yeah, you're definetely right. next album will be 3rd one without duncan, so i guess there will be enough songs to fill up all the gig.

i regret i won't hear 'empty' by anathema anymore, cause it's great live track.