Dunlop Strap Locks Suck!

xenophobe

May 17, 2002
SF Bay Area
Well, I was at practice playing my Custom Warwick Thumb bolt-on, and all of a sudden it's flying towards the 1/4" commercial carpet laid directly over slab concrete... :(

Well, busted my nut and cracked my headstock. :mad:

Fucking useless peices of shit... I guess the ballbearing clasps on the inside of the strap button wore out.

Lame peices of shit... :(

:devil:

Just had to get that off my chest....

Damn, That really sucks man, Im sorry to hear about that, Id write that fuckin company and tell them about thier fine product. I got suckered into getting those dean markley "Blue Steel" Strings once cause of the "Cryogenicly wound" thing and those things sucked bad! They cost me like $11.25 and wore out in like a week!! I wrote the company told them i hated the strings and that i would never buy another dean markley product again and they sent me a carton of the fuckers with an apology, which I took to my good friend at the music store and traded for a carton of my ghs boomers. I will never stray again. Anyway, Real sorry to hear about your axe. Hopefully you can get that fixed, But I would write that company.

I haven't got round to getting any strap locks yet but i won't get those ones.Our other guitarist made some himself from hard plastic.They've lasted for years and they were free.

Damn man, I'm sorry about your guitar. =(

Are those the straplocks that has all the stress load on the locking mechanism? I've heard negtive things about those before.

I can recommend Schaller's straplocks. They're a bit noisy ("clickety-clack"), but should be a lot safer.

/Sun'

This reminds me of what happened in one band practice a long time ago.

My buddy decides to do the "swing the guitar behind the shoulder" trick. Well, the bolts for the strap lock tears off and his guitar land on the floor headstock first. Broke the headstock in half too.

I don't think he ever did that again.

Well crap, my brand new custom guitar that just arrived today came with the dunlop strap locks built inside. I'm not gonna drill a new hole for a regular strap ;/
Now I'm worried :(