duplicate musicians

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Ok, this is the thread to point out ones that you know are actually separate people so I don't accidentally combine them :)

Here's the list of people that are in the musician list more than once (* next to valid ones, updated as we figure 'em out. invalid ones will be fixed and removed from the list):

Adrian ?
Alexander ?
Andreas ?
*Anthony ?
*Ares ?
*Astaroth ?
*Beast ?
*Belial ?
Bobby ?
China ?
Chris ?
Dajjal ?
Damien ?
Daniel ?
Eric ?
Fred ?
Glenn ?
*Hellbutcher ?
Impious ?
Iván ?
John ?
Justin ?
*Leif ?
LordKarnstein ?
*M ?
Magnus ?
Marc ?
Martin ?
Michael ?
*Moloch ?
*Niko ?
Patrick ?
*Paul ?
Péter ?
Psycho ?
Simon ?
*Stefan ?
Taranis ?
*Thomas ?
Thorbjørn ?
Thorn ?
*Tormentor ?
Chris Anderson
Greg Anderson
*Fredrik Andersson
*Mikael Andersson
*John Gallagher
Steve Hunter
*Jari Huttunen
*Fredrik Johansson
*Brian Johnson
Thomas Karlsson
James Kottak
*Scott Lang
*Benny Larsson
Lars Lindén
*Paul Miles
Thomas Nilsson
Paul Ryan
Michael Schwarz
*Mark Simpson
Greg Smith
*Ken Taylor

Ones I'm pretty sure are valid separate people:

Paul Miles - guitarist for Nefilim and drummer for Anacrusis
Mark Simpson - drummer for Malevolent Creation and guitarist for Flotsam and Jetsam
Ken Taylor - keyboardist for Labyrinth and bassist for Scorpions

Thomas - guitarist in Kampfar and also some other guy who was on one of the Helheim demos playing the trumpet.
Moloch - guitarist in Melechesh and drummer in Setherial.
Those are the ones i know of, of can remember right now anyway :)

Lari Kylmänen - Seems to be two different entries and both guys on Sentenced demos. Most likely the same guy... I'll fix that right away so that there's one LK without any demos, and the other with two. (Jarva was on Journey to Pohjola AFAIK, because it was done after their first studio-album).

Lemmy - Other one is Lemmy Kilmister, I don't know if the other is the same Lemmy (I'm thinking not), but if the Motörhead one is changed into Lemmy Kilmister, it would sort that out at least partially.

Brian Johnson - Other is Ac/Dc's singer and other from rather fresh and small hardcore band from Seattle. If they are the same person, I'm eating my spleen.

Jari Huttunen - Two different persons. Guitarist from Trio Niskalaukaus and Drummer from Requiem

Niko - Other is born american from fresh band called Envy and other is guitarist on two finnish ug-black metal demos in the beginning of 90's. Not the same person.

Fredrik Andersson - Two different persons. Both drummers..(yes, they often get mixed up, heh.) One plays for Marduk & Allegiance, the other for A Canorous Quintet & Amon Amarth.

Mikael Andersson - Two different persons. One bass-player of Amaran, one guitars for Ceremonial Oath, Indungeon & Thy Primordial..

Kanwulf - Were the same, fixed it now.

Mark Cross - Were the same, fixed now. But can somone delete the one without albums? Havnt got the permission since I did not create the entry.

Fredrik Johansson - Two different ones. One in the power metal group Morifade, one ex-member of Dark Tranquillity.

Simon - Two different persons. One played in the british Esoteric, one in the polish band Vader.

Vrolok - Were the same. Fixed now.

Belial - Different persons. One guest-keyboards for French BM Blessed In Sin, one played in the band Satans Host from USA.

Ares - Two different. One is norwegian and played in Gorgoroth and Aeternus. The other one was in Moonspell. Fixed the entries now (was kinda messy..) so that applies.

Benny Larsson - Other the drummer for EoS and various other bands, other guitarist for Johansson brothers solo band. I'm not 100% sure but they aren't the same person.

Mark Cross - The other one is just a mistake. He isn't any band or anything. Should be erased away. Dustin is the creator.

John Gallagher - vocalist guitarist of Dying Fetus, the other one vocalist bassist of Raven. Different person.

I'll post more later on but now I gotta hurry to work.

MacMoney said:
Mark Cross - The other one is just a mistake. He isn't any band or anything. Should be erased away. Dustin is the creator.
Yes.. That is because I couldnt delete it. I merged the albums he was on though.

One Marcus Johansson-entry has no records in it's list and are probably a mistake, and the other is/was a member of both Amsvartner and Eucharist, can anyone confirm this? usually people stay within their genre, i'm not certain but it doesn't "feel" right.

"Astaroth" are two different guys, one from sweden and the other is french.

"Tormentor" are logicaly two different guys (Lutz ?) since one in were in "Gorgoroth" and the other in "Chalice" which was the previous name of Svartsyn.

"Beast" are two different guys; one's in a finnish band (drums) and the other one in an american (guitar).

Same case with "Hellbutcher" one's in an australian band and the other is a member of swedish Nifelheim.

"Stefan" are two differnt as well, one in House of usher and the other in a belgian band called Ancient Rites.

Leif - Different. Violin on a Green Carnation (Norway) album. The other one does vocals for Dew Scented
Paul - Different ones. One played in australian Pod People, one played in swedish Darklands.
Wurzel - Were the same (I guess winter-frost just did a mistake). Merged them now. But as before, jimbob or winter-frost need to delete the one without any albums...
Anthony - Different ones. One was the drummer of british extreme doom metal group Esoteric. Other one plays guitars in american Merauder.
M - Different ones. One is in norwegian Lunaris, one in american industrial .click.

Chris Anderson - drummer for Divine Regale and bassist for Nocturnus? probably not the same, but people do change instruments. anyone know?

Greg Anderson - vocalist for Piece Dogs, guitarist for Sun O))), and bassist for Doctor Nerve. All are from USA. I'm pretty sure the Doctor Nerve is different from the other 2, anyone know the other 2?

Mike Grato was the same guy, both bass players for Deliverance. Fixed.

Steve Hunter - guitarist for Alice Cooper and guest percussion on Jason Becker. Could be the same guy, anyone know?

Marcus Johansson - the other one was in the current lineup for Eucharist. I combined them for now. We can fix it later if we're wrong.

Martin Karlsson - vocalist for 2 Swedish bands Madrigal (also guitars) and Eternal Lies. Same guy or no?

Steffe Karlsson and Staffe Karlsson both play on a Mezzrow CD. Is that a spelling error or are they different guys?

Thomas Karlsson - vocalist for Tristitia and spoken voice on Therion's latest. Very easily could be the same guy, can anyone verify? There's also a Tommy Karlsson in another Swedish doom band Sorcerer, but on drums. Might want to check on that one, too.

James Kottak - drummer for Scorpions also drummer on one Kingdom Come CD. Seems likely it's the same guy. Anyone know for sure?

Scott Lang - drummer for Ion Vein and guitarist for Frankenbok. seems unlikely he splits his time between and Australian band and a Chicago one.

Lars Lindén - backing vocals on a Mourning Sign CD and bassist for Carnal Forge. Both are death metal from Sweden...could be the same guy.

Stefan Lundgren - guitarist for Necronomicon, was entered twice. Fixed.

Luis Maldonado - guitarist for Cairo and on Leonardo: The Absolute Man. seems likely to be the same guy, I'm merging them.

Rob Moschetti - guitarist for Pro-Pain and bassist on one MOD CD. I'm almost 100% sure it's the same guy. Merging them.

Thomas Nilsson - guitarist for Julie Laughs No More and bassist for Hollow, both swedish bands, but I doubt it's the same guy.

George Ochoa - guitarist for Mortification and on a Deliverance CD. Both are Christian bands, and one of the entries is listed under both bands. I'm combining for now.

Thomas Olsson was a duplicate entry. Fixed

Dave Pugh was a duplicate. Fixed.

Paul Ryan - guitarist for Cradle of Filth (UK black metal) and guitarist for Origin (US death metal). Doubt it's the same guy, but does anyone know?

Michael Schwarz - drummer for 2 german bands, Atrocity and Crestfallen. I think it's likely the same guy, anyone know?

Greg Smith - bassist for Alice Cooper (from the US), Addictive (from AUS), and Rainbow (from the UK). Possible it's the same guy, but it seems unlikely. Maybe the same guy in Rainbow and Alice Cooper since it was only one Rainbow CD. Anyone know?

Ok, I went through all the ones with last names, I'll go through the rest later. Please help verify any of these if you can. Thanks.