E-standard riffage!

Sounds good, but more like thrash / heavy metal tone than real death metal. Riffs sound a lot like Symphony X. Does there exist any death metal bands that play in E standard btw? Loads of bands are in drop D or eb, but standard e?

Gear:
-ESI ESU22 USB-interface
-Jackson DK2S guitar, Nick Crow's 8505 Lead
-Harley Benton bass , Guitar Rig 4
-Shure SM57 mic, false vocal chords
-Mah computah, Reaper and Addictive Drums

Yes, I know that most of Opeth songs are in E Standart!

I get amazed everytime i see a metal band that plays in E Standart nowadays..

Sounds really good!

Lots of Opeth is E standard, I know Sylosis and Norther have most of their stuff in that tuning as well. If anyone knows of any others, I'd really be interested, looking for some stuff to play! :p

holy shit!

this riffage is so good!
and also your former songs are sick!
i LOVE the vocals.
they really sound like randy blythe, which is so fuckin' awesome!!

keep up!

This sounds so frickin' killer! Vocals are awesome as well! did you do them yourself?
AD preset pls? kthnxbai!

no seriously, though... the drums sound awesome for AD! Did you replace the snare or kick?

This sounds so frickin' killer! Vocals are awesome as well! did you do them yourself?
AD preset pls? kthnxbai!

no seriously, though... the drums sound awesome for AD! Did you replace the snare or kick?

Thanks!

I haven't replaced any samples whatsoever. What I've done is that I've layered two separate kits. I can post the presets here in a sec.

And yes, it's me singing.

Edit-
Addictive Drums presets:

-SET_1 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5798359/SET_1.ADPreset
-SET_2 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5798359/SET_2.ADPreset

1. Open two separate AD plugins
2. Load the presets
3. Make/Copy the midi to both of the tracks

I think it sounds great. It's harder to get good tones in E-standard so I think that's why many stay away from it. When it's done right it sounds awesome.

That sounds really good dude. Mind posting the exact signal chain for the guitars? I've never been able to get the 8505 to sound that good.