Earliest Musical Influences

my first CD bought.. was Megadeth - Rust in Peace.. My first CDs given to me.. Metallica Black album and Wierd Al Yankovic- Bad hair day.. First Death metal was Obituary - Cause of Death and Back from the Dead. First Black metal.. christ I dont remember..

I was into all the fresh shit when I was little. My musical progression kinda went:

80's pop/rock(like through age 5)--michael jackson(through about age 11)--rap/video game music(til bout age 15)--metallica/nu-metal(til around 2001)--what I'm into today

Michael Jackson was the shiznit.

Mine started way earlier because of my age, guess it was the Stones Jimi Hendrix Led Zep Pink Floyd, I loved music from an early age, then funk and 70s stuff when i started 'clubbing' First record ever bought Soldier Blue by Buffy St Marie, a 7inch single:tickled:

Creed - Weathered (first rock CD)
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory:yuk: (favorite CD for a long time)
Red Hot Chili Peppers (started me on funk/reggae/ska type stuff, awesome disc)
Metallica - Black Album
The Offspring - Splinter
Skyfire - Mind Revolutiong (got me into the whole underground metal thingy)
In Flames - Colony (same as above)
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

CatwomanEarache said:
Mine started way earlier because of my age, guess it was the Stones Jimi Hendrix Led Zep Pink Floyd, I loved music from an early age, then funk and 70s stuff when i started 'clubbing' First record ever bought Soldier Blue by Buffy St Marie, a 7inch single:tickled:

Hey Catwoman, any particular reason your name is Catwoman "Earache", anything to do with the label?

probably my very earliest musical memory is watching some old Talking Heads live video when i was like 5 or something and dancing around like a maniac and jumping on furniture and doing somersaults and crap. good times.

first album i bought was greenday - dookie when it came out. think i was about 12-13 or something, and was mostly into punk and metallica till sometime in high school i also got into iced earth and slayer. then i heard Slaughter or the Soul, and a little while later Colonly, and Stigmata within a few weeks of each other....which pretty much began the metal era thats been goin on for like around 7 years or something. but i think just about every genre of music has something worthwhile (except pop and country), mostly when mixed with metal (arcturus, sigh, etc) or just all mixed with each other (mr bungle). so uh yeah. ramble ramble.

Pure coincidence bout the Earache label, though aptly named at times I think:tickled: It was just random, also I do have a lot of cats! I like Metallica, the old stuff anyway..also I like most music apart from out and out pop and boy bands