Ed Force One

Unbelievable! Outrageous! Too bad that airline company woosed out and couldn't just tell them its 2008 and they should get a grip.

Unbelievable! Outrageous! Too bad that airline company woosed out and couldn't just tell them its 2008 and they should get a grip.

Because, believe it or not, it is not commercially advisable to steam roller over the beliefs of people in a foreign nation.

The airline has to make money, if its actions cause a loss of sales for themselves and other companies they face financial ruin.

Remember, a lot of the world is not as free and open as the west and in Africa they have a long long (read longer than the history of the US and the UK combined) tradition of belief in bad spirits and bad karma.

Why they did not just swap planes with that of another route is not that clear, I understand the plane that was done up as ed force one, was the only one available, but they could easily have re-routed another aircraft and let ed force one fly to a more understanding destination.

How many of the Africans that they are talking about that think Eddie is an evil spirit can even afford to fly? I would think the upper class Africans who fly, don't think like this.

How many of the Africans that they are talking about that think Eddie is an evil spirit can even afford to fly? I would think the upper class Africans who fly, don't think like this.

Its belief, it transcends monitary value.

How many millionaires are believe in God/jesus/jehova/allah/insert any key religious head/figure/deity

And how many with nothing believe?
I reckon there would be no significant difference.

Its like the japanese think the number 8 is lucky, why? they will pay millions for a registration plate because it has a number 8 on it.(as shown in a popular UK TV advert for a bank) Why?
Its all belief.

You can even (and I know I am on very very dodgy ground here) say the reason theres a war on terror is because the UK and the US and their respective allies, beleive in it, yet theres a growing percentage of countries that have suddenly become very hostile towards it. It doesnt make it right or wrong. it just is.

As I said previously, no airline can afford to insult its customer base in a continent such as Africa, news spreads. As the modern western world heads towards massive recession the need for airlines to find new business is critical.

Hopefully I have managed to mention religion and politics wihtout causing offence to anyone. :)

Yeah you're right Time Warrior. Plenty of wealthy, upper class, supposedly sophisticated people thinking Jesus died for their sins on the cross and is coming back any day.

Do realize I was around these 3 girls in Orange County that ttold me, "God speaks through George Bush."

90% of the world is under a deep hypnotic trance. Hopefully 2012 marks an awakening.